Library of Wonders

Dib woke up late to his "just in case" alarm and still felt tired. The weekend was always over so quickly. Despite his lack of motivation, he sat up and began to get into his usual outfit. He was nervous to go to school after getting jumped by Johnathan. Dib walked to the bathroom and brushed his teeth.

'I wonder what Zim will be like now that we're hopefully not at each others necks anymore. What if John trys to do something to Zim because of what happened. . . What will Zim do when he sees John?' Dib had a lot of questions as he went down to the kitchen, Gaz was already down there.

"Took ya long enough." She said eating her last spoonful of cereal and putting her bowl in the sink. "What time is it?" Dib asked hoping he wasn't late to catch up to Zim. " um. . . 6:53." She replied checking her watch. "Kay thanks, see you at school." Dib said taking a tiny bag of sweets and a granola bar and headed out the door.

Gaz rolled her eyes and looked back at her game slave. Dib always left early to meet up with Zim, while Gaz usually left at around 7:20.

Dib got to Zim's house and checked the time on his phone. 7:01. He waited on the sidewalk infront of the pathway leading up to his house.

Soon, Zim opened the door and walked out as he was readjusting his wig, 'If he walks put of his house still putting on his wig then how do people not already know he's an alien!' Dib scowled in his brain.

"Good morning!" Dib said smiling as Zim stepped onto the sidewalk. They began walking side-by-side on the sidewalk. "How was your weekend?" Dib asked his usual Monday morning question.

"Saturday was quite uneventful for I just cleaned my lab and worked on my Voot. You already know about happened on Sunday." Zim answered pulling the ends of his gloves up.

"What did you do over the ending of the week Dib-Human?" Zim asked, though he said it as more of a demand than a question.

"Well, I did my homework and then hung out with Gaz and then read a couple chapters from a book I got from the library on Saturday." Dib said not really expecting Zim to ask him what he did.

"A library?" Zim asked confused. "Yeah it's a place where you can get books for free, technically, as long as you return them before a certain time." Dib said fighting back a chuckle.

"Oh, we have those on Irk. But it's they're only accessible to higher ranking Irkens and the tallests." Zim said, "And they have a different name."

"What are they called?" Dib asked now curious. Zim then said a word in Irken that sounded kind of like he said "Paid eye."

"In your language I'm pretty sure it would be spelled. . . Umm." Zim thought about it for a second as Dib waited patiently.

"Padiniy (Pad-eh-nye). An Irken library." Zim said it just like a dictionary.

It then got quiet for a bit.

"You said that only Irkens with his rankings and your leaders can use them right?" Dib asked turning his head to face Zim. "Yeah, why." Zim said in a rude tone.

"Well, I need to return a book to the library. Maybe you could go with me and check something out?" Dib said the last part a bit hesitantly, he didn't know if Zim was high ranking on his planet.

"Zim will allow it." He said in an 'I'm superior' voice."Thats great!" Dib said, "We can go after school today."

Then got to school but this time Zim went to his locker with Dib instead of going who kniws where. Zim grabbed a couple things and then left.

Dib sighed, 'John is in my first hour. . .' he thought as he walked to his class and sat down at his desk and decided to read the last two chapters of his book.