Confessions or Confinement

Spring came and Summer was following close behind. Once the snow melted, Zim, Dib, and sometimes Gir would go to the ledge over the lake with the flowers often.

Eventually, the murder died down as the found the "killer", an older, white male who was mentally loosing it and was right at deaths door. Zim had framed him in order to get officals off his back. True, it wasn't the best option but Zim had murdered before from other planets so this wasn't his first rodeo.
_______________________________________

Dib sighed as he laid on the roof. He had everything he needed for Zim's capture ready, but a new dilemma showed up. He was confident about the back stabbing idea, but now he was having doubts, Zim isn't even trying to destroy earth anymore.

-Flashback-

Dib and Zim were inside the lab working on Zim's voot cursier since the last trip he made it got damaged. Zim had finished melding the new internal metal to the outside walls for more hull strength and was carring it over to the voot to be reapplied.

"Hey Zim." Dib asked, "How come you haven't been planning anything to destroy Earth?" Zim went silent as he started reattached the backing. "Well. . . uh. . . because. . ." Zim bit his bottem lip slightly, having his back turned to Dib as he applied the back. His hands became shaky and he felt numb all over, and not the good kind of numb. "Zim?" Dib asked noticing the sudden silence. Zim didn't respond back.

He didn't know if he should tell Dib. If he did what was he supposed to say, 'Yeah, I live on your planet now because my leaders are total assholes.' Zim was still iffy on the whole topic, everthing he ever had has been taken away from him except what he had on earth. The only thing he had left was Dib, his house, and Gir.

"Zim, are you okay?" Dib asked worried and began to walk over to him. It had been a couple minutes and Zim hasn't said anything nor attached the back of the voot cruiser, he's just been standing there. Dib was panicking slightly, worried if he said the wrong thing.

Zim snapped out of it and finished attaching the back of the ship while spurtting out, "Oh! Uh, j-just know I won't be trying to conquer Earth anytime soon!" Zim said it in a tone that immediately sent off red flags in Dib's head telling him that something was wrong.

"Zim." Dib stood behind Zim, "Is there something up?" He was worried about Zim, he hasn't acted like this before. Zim turned around and faced Dib. It was quiet for a second as emotions flooded over Zim like the first time he had gotten the news.

Zim threw his arms around Dib and buried his face into his chest and hus antenna pinned down he said in a shaky tone on the verge of tears, "Yes."

Dib was taken back by the sudden reaction, but snapped out of it as he felt Zim shake slightly. He was crying.

"Zim what's wrong?" Dib said wrapping his arms around the alien. "Zim never had a mission. It was all fake, a ruse, done by the Tallests just to get rid of me!" Zim said into Dib's chest and letting the tears slip out of his eyes, "I wasn't even supposed to find Earth. . . they left Zim for dead . . . I'm not good enough. No wonder they didn't send supplies or bother to moniter my location." Dib hugged Zim tigher, but he didn't know what to say.
After a bit of time passed they parted their hug. All of Dib's thoughts were cluttered with how to help Zim, and make him feel better. He felt obligated to and he hated seeing the Irken cry.

Dib got down to Zim's level and looked him dead in the eye, "If they don't see the good in you their blind."
Zim turned his head and crossed his arms, tears still running down his cheeks, he said, "I don't believe that's true."