chapter 2

The sound of water pouring down from the shower filled the bathroom muffling the silent cries of the person underneath it. The cold liquid washes his face along with the tears as it flows down.

Shen Wei bit his lips to stop himself from crying out loud from the stinging pain when the water unceremoniously caressed the reddish bruises on his body.

How come he is subjected to this kind of ill fate? What kind of sin did he commit for him to suffer like this? Is there no justice in this world? Why should he endure this pain? All kinds of depressive feelings filled Shen Wei choking him terribly. His breath is inconsistent thinking about the misfortune of his life.

Shen Wei met Wilhelm John
during his University days. Wilhelm was from the US, his senior by two years.
Those were the times when he was fighting with his preferences and his sexuality.
They became close by meeting each other during group activities, talking about themselves and occasionally going out for dinner... Slowly, they fell in love.

After graduating, they decided to move in together, supporting each other. Then Wilhelm established his own company using both of their finances and connections. Shen Wei remained as his secretary, never interested in a higher position.

Being the selfless person he is, he didn't think he needed anything more than 'to stay by Wilhelm's side'.

They were in so much love after all... At least that's what Shen Wei thought.

At some point in life, Shen Wei's quite peaceful life began to crumble down.

Wilhelm fell into wrong partnerships despite Shen Wei's desperate and constant advice.
His company began to suffer huge losses and Wilhelm turned to drugs. Wilhelm started to suspect Shen Wei when he interacted with other business partners. Indeed he attracted a lot of attention due to his beautiful skin. Wilhelm falsely accused Shen Wei of sleeping with other partners to gain their favour. Each night became hell for him. Shen Wei silently endured everything thinking that this was all because of drugs.

Then their relationship turned abusive...

Horrible violence was inflicted upon Shen Wei ever since Wilhelm was high on drugs. Red and purple bruises began to appear on his supple body.

He even tried to run away once, only resulting in a cruel rape that followed when he was sought out by Wilhelm two days later.

The once familiar and lovely person suddenly became a stranger and a cruel monster...

Shen Wei could only vent out his sorrows in the numbing cold showers on lone nights, where nobody is there to see him or comfort him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Zhao Yunlan, 30 this year, is the famous corporate boss in the Long city. His establishment, Zhao Associates, is one of the best ranked in the whole country.

He is tall and a handsome man, especially unmarried. A well-known playboy. He has been in a lot of relationships, with both men and women, only lasting up to three or four months. Flocks of models and rich daughters sought after this handsome man for a single night.

But no one...not a single soul... touched his heart, made it beat faster than the strikingly beautiful young man he saw that day.
An urge to know this person filled his entirety, making him restless. It might be the indescribable sorrow that was carefully hidden deep inside those jet black eyes that kept haunting him. Pushing him towards Shen Wei.

Zhao Yunlan can assume that he is in a relationship with the foreigner judging from their closeness.

But still...he just can't let go of that person.

Although Zhao Yunlan is not going to benefit from the contract with Wilhelm John, he still dared to proceed with it.
Just to take a glance at the beautiful person who could be there, who managed to chain his uncontrollable soul and slowly drag him towards himself.

But Shen Wei never appeared in front of him again...not even once, until that fateful day.