3. Step 1

After about a minute, Min felt a change in Alexis's stance. She wriggled her way out of his hug.

"C'mon, let's gear up for this crisis", she said confidently.

"wha...", Min said softly.

She took his hand and pulled him into the lobby.

"Minhyuk, right now we cannot afford to lose it."

"Let's go home, contact our families and take stock of food, food is very important, c'mon!"

They were still holding hands when they entered the elevator. Alexis noticed Min staring at nothing, he seemed dazed.

"Min? MIN?!", she called out to him, but he did not react.

So she turned to face him and placed her palms on either side of his face. She went on her tippy toes to get to his eye level, didn't help, but at least she got his attention.

"Min, are you ok?

"No...Alexis, I want to go home, I have never lived on my own before, I cannot do this", he was panicking.

To shake him out of his spiralling train of thought she pulled him down by his collar to her level.

"I am here, you have a friend in me", she then realised the elevator was at the fourth floor and they were still in it.

"Come, let's take it one step at a time", she said and he followed her out.

"Ok, okay, I can do this", said Min.

"Yes, now give me your phone", Alexis took his phone, entered her number and gave her cellphone a missed call.

"What do I do now?", Min asked Alexis.

She realised he wasn't in a state to be alone.

"Come with me", she opened her apartment door and guided him to her couch.

Minhyuk couldn't help but calm down once her entered her apartment. It had an earthy feel to it. There was a fresh citrusy aroma in the air, just like a breezy summer's day.

Her kitchen was to the right of her front door. It was quite spacious and organised with a lime green tint to the walls.

A tiny passage led to the living room

A tiny passage led to the living room. A mellow yellow shade was seen across the passage and hall. There was a comfy navy blue couch to the right, placed in front of a textured wall. It looked like it had a grassy finish, but in yellow.

To the right of the couch was a tiny balcony, and to the left was the kitchen

To the right of the couch was a tiny balcony, and to the left was the kitchen. And right opposite was a TV stand with gadgets like a laptop, speakers, a number of earphones and of course, a smart TV.

There was a door at the back that was closed. He assumed it was the bedroom.

Once he was sitting, he felt a bit relaxed. But his phone was buzzing. He noticed it was his mother calling him.

The minute he answered the call, his mom started screaming. His call wasn't on speaker, but it still drew skeptical looks from Alexis because of the screaming.

He mouthed to Alexis not to worry and that it was his mother and rolled his eyes.

Alexis gestured she understands and that her mum was the same. This made both of them giggle and they maintained eye contact for a tad bit longer than usual.