8. Coincidence

It was early morning when Alexis woke up. It took her a minute to remember last night's fiasco.

Min was nowhere to be scene. She started to panicked and jumped out of bed.

"Minhyuk? MINHYUK?!", she called out while running g towards the bedroom door.

I shouldn't have done that

She felt nauseous and tried to get her balance by clinging to the door frame. Min appeared right in time and caught her before she sank to the floor.

"Alexis, why did you get out of bed?"

He sat on the floor with her leaning against him.

"Why did you leave?", she said covering her mouth, she didn't want her morning breath to make an unwanted appearance.

He helped her up and they shifted back to the edge of the bed.

"I just went to your place to check if everything was ok. No one in sight, it's perfectly safe."

"I've had a word with the building security too, they're on high alert now."

Alexis nodded but was still afraid.

Min sensed that she wasn't completely alright.

"Come, let's get you home."

He helped her up and looped his hand through hers. She took his support and they made their way to her apartment.

"Please stay, Min"

"Ofcourse, we'll have breakfast and then it's bandage-changing time." He lifted his first aid kit in the air.

Luckily she had a pair of plastic gloves and a shower cap. She wore them and had a shower keeping her wounds safe from the water. She brushed her teeth and tried to even out the mess her hair was in.

But it was too much of a struggle with the pain and gauze, so she just left it the way it was - an untidy bird's nest.

She changed into a comfy buttoned shirt dress. It was a no - fuss dress and was easy to put on.

"Something smells delicious", said Alexis, stepping into her kitchen.

Min had just finished plating up eggs, bacon and coffee.

She helped him carry breakfast to the dining table.

They seated themselves and started eating. He made the eggs sunny side up, just the way she like it.

How did he know?

"Oh no, I've got to call my office"

"Where do you work?"

"Ainsoft"

"What?!"

"Yes, why are you surprised?", she said while sipping her coffee.

Gosh, this coffee is heavenly

"Which department?"

"Automation"

"I work at Ainsoft too! I've been transferred from the South Korean office?!"

"Wait...hold on...are you the person who was picked to head the new gaming programs?!"

"YES", he said with an air of pride.

"Don't worry, I'll speak to your team and let them know what happened, will get you a couple of days off."

"Thank you Min" she said while placing her palm on his hand, "I'm mentally and physically not at all ok."

"I know", he scooted closer to her, "I'm here, so there is nothing to worry about" he gave her his usual goofy smile.

Once breakfast was done, he helped her to her bed and changed her bandages. She fell asleep half way through. So he pulled the curtains, making the room cozy and put a blanket on her.

He set up his laptop in her living room and signed in to work. The first thing he did was take care of Alexis's business.

He then moved on to his work. But every half an hour he checked up on Alexis. After a couple of hours he moved his workstation on to Alexis's bed.

He was more at peace by her side, knowing that she was ok. He got back to work but ended up losing track whenever she whispered his name in her sleep.

"Min, stay"