12. Uneasy

The phone call with her mum went on for more than half an hour. But it left her feeling uneasy. The situation wasn't great back home. The number of virus cases kept increasing and a few were getting closer to where her family lived.

She suddenly heard a loud snore right next to her ear. Minhyuk had fallen asleep while hugging her. This distracted her from her spiralling train of thought. Gently, she got out of Min's hug and tucked him in.

She removed the shower caps on his feet and changed the bandages. The wounds seemed to be healing. Her wounds were getting better too. She made a mental note to ask Min about the medicinal paste.

Her thoughts went back home again, so she decided to take a walk in her apartment garden. When she went down she noticed that it was very quiet. There was just one security guard at the gate.

"Where are the other tenants?", she asked him.

"Ma'am everyone has left, they have gone back to their hometowns outside the city. And ma'am, today is my last day on duty, I will be leaving for home too."

"Oh ok, here is something for you, please take care", she handed him some money. He did not expect such a gift and was very happy.

"Thankyou, Thankyou"

She smiled and walked on over to the Oak tree. She had a favourite spot at the base of the bark where the roots were exposed. She sat cross-legged and rest her back against tree. She looked up at the branches and saw a couple of magpies flitting around. They reminded her of her favourite place in the world – her Grandfather's house.

 They reminded her of her favourite place in the world – her Grandfather's house

Min woke up to no Alexis beside him and he jumped out of bed. He immediately threw on a pair of grey trackpants and a white hoodie. He thought she may be in her apartment. But when he opened her door, no one was in.

He rushed to the balcony, and the minute he looked down her spotted her under the Oak tree.

Aish, this girl is going to drive me insane

He ran down and made his way to the tree. When he got closer, it looked like Alexis had fallen asleep. Her eyes were closed and she had a slight smile on her lips. He quietly took a seat next to her. But the minute she sensed him, she pushed him.

He fell three feet away, flat on his back. "AAgghhh"

"Soorrryyyy", and she ran and helped him up to a sitting position.

"Please stop hurting me", he whined.

"You startled me, I thought you were someone else", and she knelt down and hugged him.

He pulled her onto his lap and she looped her hands around his neck.

She looked up at him with sadness in her eyes, "Min, what are we doing here?"

"We're sitting under an Oak tree", he said twirling a strand of her hair around his finger.

"No Min, what are we doing?"

"We are two people who have feelings for each other"

She looked away and Min sensed she wasn't happy with the answer.

He gently took her by the chin and made her look at him.

"Allie, I fell for you the moment I set eyes on you"

"But that isn't real"

"It sounds cheesy, but it is true"

"We don't even know each other, we don't even know each others surnames"

"You're Alexis Knight"

"Hmm, how did you know?"

"I have my sources", he smirked.

"Ohh, it was the office directory wasn't it", she guessed and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"So what is my surname?"

"Park"

"Wait, how did you know?"

"I'm right? Woohoo!"

"But how did you know?"

"Korean dramas, most of their surnames are Park", she giggled.

"Alexis, I feel like I've known you my entire life. I feel extremely comfortable with you..", he noticed Alexis getting a bit overwhelmed and thought she didn't feel the same way yet.

"Let me take you on a date tonight. We'll get to know each other better, hmm? I'll even make us dinner, a yummy Korean dinner"

At these words her eyes little up and she nodded.

He was hurt that she didn't feel the same way about him but convinced himself that she would get there. But little did he know the actual reason for her uneasiness. It was because she felt like he had read her mind.