9. Surprise

Alexis woke up and realised night had fallen. Minhyuk was asleep next to her, with his laptop open next to him, and his phone still in his hand. He was fast asleep, with his mouth hanging open.

She saw that he had signed out of the office server, so she closed the laptop and kept it on the side table. She took his phone and placed it next to the laptop.

Then she turned to look at Min, he was still in the same position. She gently closed his mouth and booped his nose. This made him whine and he turned and curled up in a fetal postion.

She tucked him in with a soft blanket and left for the kitchen. Now that the fear of last night had passed, she was pissed. How dare someone break into my house and take away my laptop.

She went to the spot in the balcony where she saw the intruder. She looked around and tried to figure out how he escaped. Min told her he saw him leap off. But she was 4 floors high, no one could do that without getting injured.

He must've gone to the adjacent balcony that was a floor below her. But that was a couple of feet away. And nobody lived there. Hmm, may be that's how he planned it. Why not check it out.

Fear had completed left her, she was now determined to find out how she lost her laptop. She changed into a baby blue hoodie and black jeans that were ripped at the knees. She wore her favourite dark blue ankle-length converse.

When she exited her apartment, she noticed that her front door was fixed. Min

Tears welled up in her eyes. She never had someone care about her so much. She had a sudden urge to go and hug him. But that had to wait, it was time to find out who messed with her.

She took the stairs and went to the apartment on the third floor. She first knocked but then her anger got the best of her and she kicked down the door. She flung the door aside and stepped in.

It was dark and dusty. She used her phone as a torch and looked around. She went straight to the balcony and kicked open the glass paned door, shattering a couple of glass squares. And right enough, she saw a layer of dust and footprints. They looked like they belonged to a person wearing boots.

Then she looked down at the floor below her, he must've got down via the balconies

Min suddenly woke and realised Alexis wasn't next to him. He jumped up and panicked when he didn't see her in the living room. He ran to the balcony and spotted her at the one below.

He ran barefoot out the door and to the third floor. He saw the front door broken down and was confused. He stepped in and spotted Alexis.

"Allie!!!"

Allie? Only my sister calls me Allie

She turned around and saw him running towards her. She tried to tell him to stop but he stpped right onto the glass pieces and groaned in pain. He fell to the floor. She immediately ran to him.

"Minhyuk! Why did you come here, it's dangerous

"Minhyuk! Why did you come here, it's dangerous."

He was writhing in pain, his feet were slashed with the glass.

"I....saw you..balcony"

"Ssshh, let's get you home"

She scooped him up, made him loop his hands around her neck and carried him up to her apartment.

Through all the pain, he couldn't believe that she was carrying him. The entire way he just stared at her dumbfounded. She placed him on her couch.

"Where is your first aid kit"

"Wha...how...What?!!!! How did you carry me?!", for a second he forgot the pain and was yelling in confusion.

"Okay, okay Min Min, calm down, I'll explain everything to you once I clean up your wounds."