7. Chills

Min immediately ran to Alexis's apartment. The door was locked so he kicked it open, causing the door to shatter at its hinges.

The minute the door fell apart, he got a glimpse of somebody leaping off the balcony, he seemed to have had a haversack on him. He ran towards that spot to get a closer look; that's when he saw Alexis, lying flat on the floor next to the couch.

There was a broken glass vase right next to her head with splinters all over her. That's when he saw the blood – there was a huge cut at the side of her head and lacerations all across her palms.

"He—he took my laptop...tried to stop him....He threw it at me", she was crying and shaking while trying to explain what happened. Minhyuk was furious with the intruder, how dare he touch his woman. He wanted to avenge her.

I will deal with him later

He carefully dusted off the glass pieces that could be seen all over Alexis. Then he gently carried her, and placed her on the couch. She was still shaking, so he kissed her forehead and explained to her what he was doing.

"I'm just going to check if your apartment is safe, then I'll take care of you at my place, ok?", he booped her nose and tried to act as normal as possible. But the minute he got up to check the place, he teared up.

Since he had a background in first aid, he checked her injuries the minute he saw her. The laceration on her forehead wasn't deep and the cuts on her palms were not a major concern. He knew he could help her, but he had never administered first aid to someone he was close to.

Power through Min, she needs you

After making sure no one was in her apartment, he locked the balcony door from the inside and went to carry Alexis to his apartment.

"Min, I'll try to walk", but she couldn't. So he let a struggle for about 10 seconds and carried her anyway. She looped her hands around his neck and rested her head on his chest. "Thankyou Min, I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't come in."

"It's ok Alexis, just relax and trust me, I'll fix you up, I've got the Korean healing touch", he smiled trying to lighten her mood.

He took her to his bedroom and placed her on a huge fluffy bed.

"Min, I'll get your sheets all dirty."

"I don't care, now stop worrying and rest", he was flustered because she didn't think about her safety but the sheets getting dirty.

He got out a first aid box and started cleaning her head wound.

"Ahh...it burns"

"Hmm...just a little more", and he blew softly on it. He tied her hair up in a messy bun. Then he applied a cold paste and wrapped her forehead in gauze.

Next were her palms. He plucked out the stray glass pieces with a tweezer and dabbed the cuts with the same solution that made her head wound burn. Then he applied the cold paste to each and every cut.

By the time Min was finished, Alexis had already dozed off. But when he got up to leave, she tried to stop him by holding onto his hands, but hurt herself.

"Shh, Alexis, rest your hands"

"Please don't go..stay"

"I'm not going anywhere, I'll just lock up and be back her before you know it."

Alexis nodded and waited for him impatiently to get back.

"Told you I'd be back soon"

He came back with his sleeping bag and set it on the floor next to Alexis's side of the bed.

She felt at ease knowing he was around.

He turned off the lights and reassured her that she is safe.

But after about an hour of tossing and turning, she crept down on the floor and slept next to Min. She couldn't bare being alone after what she went through. The minute she was next to Min she fell asleep.

After a while Min woke up and noticed that Alexis was next to him. He smiled and caressed her cheek.

He carried her and set her on the bed, but when he tried to get up and get back to his sleeping bag, she stopped him.

"Min, don't go"

"Alright."

And he lay down next to her. Immediately Alexis cozied up into his side, so that her head rested on his shoulder. He turned to face her and placed his other hand across her, hugging her. She liked what he did and snuggled closer to him.

Alexis fell asleep immediately, while Min was awake for a while, intoxicated by Alexis's closeness to him. She exuded a vanilla fragrance that made it harder for him to stop himself from kissing her. It took all his strength not to just place his lips on hers and kiss her all night long.

But he controlled himself and settled on gazing at her face, until he fell asleep drifting into a dreamland with Alexis by his side.