18. Revelation

When Alexis was done shopping and at the cash counter, Min offered to pay, but she did not let him. Though she didn't stop him when he started to help pack up the groceries. They exited the supermarket in silence and started walking towards their apartment building.

Min kept glancing at her sideways while Alexis stared straight ahead. He felt like he was walking next to a block of ice. He was hurt but knew he deserved it. If only he had told her sooner, but he didn't expect his Dad's business to affect his life away from South Korea.

While he was having this internal debate, he didn't realize they had already reached Alexis's apartment.

That's when she finally looked at him, still not meeting his eyes and said coldly, "Let's place the goods in my balcony under direct sunlight for a few hours. The heat will kill off the virus, at least that's what some experts have said." And she walked into her apartment while Min followed.

When they were done placing the items in the balcony, Min heard Allie sniffle. He immediately took her in his arms and hugged her.

"I'm sorry Alexis, I'm so sorry, please don't cry, I love you"

But Alexis had started crying and buried her face in his chest.

"How could you do this to me?", she said between sobs.

"I'm your same Min, Alexis. Please let me explain. This is not my doing, it is linked to my father's business. I'm so sorry you've been caught up it in."

The minute he said this, she looked up at him and wrapped her hands around him.

"So you had no idea about that person who attacked me?"

"How could you even ask me that question Allie?!" and he hugged her tighter.

"Of course not, I linked the incident when he questioned me about the laptop. Let me tell you everything."

"Ok, but let's shower and then talk. We need to be careful since we've stepped outside."

Min nodded but didn't let her go. Alexis tried to wriggle her way out but he didn't let go.

"I'm so sorry", he whispered in her ear, his voice cracking on the last word.

He let her go and walked dejectedly towards her front door.

"Come back soon", she called out after him.

Alexis showered and changed into black shorts and a red v neck tee. She plopped down on her sofa, missing Min already. But she tried to push away her feelings until Min told her everything. By that time Min entered, he was wearing his tracks and grey shirt from last night.

He went and sat down right next to Allie and pulled her onto his lap. She sat across him sideways and he placed his head on her chest. He hugged her around the waist but Alexis didn't hug him back. She crossed her hands and sat stiffly.

Min noticed she was distant but didn't let her go. He got right to the point.

"The guy who attacked you that day was after me. He was sent by one of my Father's rivals."

"My Father heads a huge business group in South Korea. One of the merger deals went sour and turned into threats against my Dad. They thought they could get my dad to change his decision by going after his son.

It seems my dad was aware of this but didn't give me a heads up. I spoke to him while we were in the supermarket and told him everything. He was shocked and apologized. He didn't think things would go this far. He said he would handle it. But I don't trust him, I will handle this myself and never let them hurt you ever again."

Alexis relaxed and looped her arms around Min's shoulders.

"I'm sorry Minhyuk", she said burying her face in the crook of his neck and started crying.

"Alexis?!"

"I shouldn't have been so mean with you, I'm sorry", she started sobbing.

"Alexis, stop it. I was wrong. You had every right to be angry with me. You shouldn't trust anyone blindly. I'm sorry I didn't tell you my entire family background earlier."

"It's ok"

She lifted her head and locked eyes with him.

"I love you too"

Min's eyes glazed over. He slowly placed his lips on hers and held the kiss for about half a minute. He then kissed her on both her cheeks and went back to her lips. He shifted her to a position where she was straddling him.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, removing all the space between them. They kissed each other hard, the earlier tension between them releasing with every kiss.

This was their first fight, and the thought of them losing each other had broken them completely. The urgency in their kisses was on another level - slow and intense. Each kiss brought them back to each other, but on a deeper level. They were truly falling in love with each other.