Chapter 9

Third Person's POV

Evie was talking with her friends at a table when someone tap her shoulder.

She turned around and saw it was Doug who was holding two glasses of cocktail. He smiled at her but there was a hint of sadness in his smile.

"H-hi, Evie. Uhm... I wanted to talk to you. Look, I'm saying that I wanted you back or something, I just wanted to clear things up between us."

Mal heard this as she was just beside Evie while chatting to their friends. She turned around and looked at Doug as she glare at him.

"What did I just told you about not 'going near Evie'?" Mal firmly said as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Mal, it's okay. He just wanted to talk and clear things up." Evie explained at Mal, she knows how protective Mal is towards her friends and especially right now too that one of her friends was hurt.

"What? Evie, he hurt you, there's nothing okay with it."

"Look, Mal. I know I hurt Evie and I don't have any bad intentions either, I just wanted to talk to her and you already know the reason." Doug explained.

"Fine, but don't take so long." Mal gave up, and Doug nodded nervousness evident on his face as he reminded himself of what he was going to do, but Mal and Evie didn't noticed it.

"Thanks, Mal." Doug said.

Evie was going to follow Doug but Mal stop her by holding her arm and asked. "You sure you're gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, totally okay." Evie gave her a slight smile and proceeded on following Doug as Mal remove her hand on Evie's arm.

Doug leaded Evie to the garden just at the back of the bar.

Doug then found a sit, just nearby the fountain. They sat there and handed Evie the drink that he was holding. But as Doug handed the drink he was feeling anxious about, he was doubting himself about to go with the plan or not, but he loved her and he don't what he can do, so, she can be with him. So, he came up with a plan, he planned on putting a sleeping pill Evie's drink and after she drank it he will brought her-or rather kidnap her to a far away place that no one will ever find her. He knows that this is wrong but this is the only way to bring her back.

Evie saw someone behind the bushes sitting where there was no light, only the moon's light was shining but she just shrugged it off when Doug started talking.

"I... Uh... I'm sorry, I know I said that a million times but,.... I really love you, Evie. A-and I want you back." Doug started, as he watched Evie closely on when she will drink the cocktail.

Evie was silent and looked away. She couldn't looked at him, as she still remembered the things that he did to her.

"I know you still loved me but I can't be with you anymore. We've been together for one year and you threw that away. I know, that you said, you were just trying to protect me. But, Doug, you should've told me about it sooner. So, that we can solve it together. And I felt betrayed that you can't trust me." Evie said, still not looking at Doug. Doug bowed his head down in shame and guilt.

Evie then drank the cocktail, the pill still not taking effect.

There was silenced between them, but was stop when Evie suddenly held her head, wincing in pain. Doug was alerted at this, the pill was taking effect.

"E-Evie are you okay?" He said, worried. And went near Evie as he help her sit still.

"I don't think so. My head really hurt and I felt dizzy." Evie said, her vision was now blurry and she can't see clear. And by this time Doug was succeeding in his plan.