Chapter 17

Third Person's POV

A man wearing a dark cloak entered a cabin.

Inside the cabin was eerily dark and quiet with only the crackling sound that was coming from the fireplace.

He walks towards an antique armchair that was facing away from him and someone was sitting on it. Once he reach the front he kneeled in one knee and bowed.

"Did you find her?" Asked the man who was sitting on the armchair, his voice was so deep and husky.

"Yes, father,"

"And the ember?" The man asked again.

"I still don't where it is yet, but I will try my best to find it." The man in a dark cloak asked, as he looked up to glance at his father. "-And make you proud of me."

"You better, cause once we get a hand on that ember and the prophecy girl. I will take my revenge and I will destroy Auradon. And not only that I will also have my power back." And the man who was sitting erupted in laughter which echoed throughout the inside of the cabin. His laugh was much like of a demon which was he was.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Brayden's POV

It's been two days since I hadn't saw Evie. And I can't help myself but to be worried about her.

And so I decided that I will man up and asked Mal about it, 'cause I knew that she knew where Evie is.

I saw Mal at her locker getting some books. As I walked towards her.

"Uh, hey Mal," I greeted. She turns around to look at me.

"Oh, hey Brayden. What can I do for you?" She asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. Why is this so nerve wracking? I'm just gonna asked her where Evie is.

"Well, uhm..... Do you....know where Evie is?" I finally asked it. She then smirks at me. Oh god, I know what she's thinking and it's not good. So I quickly added. "I just wanted to know where she is, so that I can take my revenge on her when she prank me."

"Really?" She said with a teasing smile. Oh god, I suddenly wanted the ground to eat me right now.

"Look it's nothing special, okay? I just wanted to know where she is." I impatiently told her.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. I'll tell where Evie is.... She's in her house right now and won't be at school for this whole week since she has to make dresses for the prom next week." She told me.

"Okay, thanks Mal." I thanked her, and she also told me where Evie's starter castle was located.

I quickly went to my car to go to her. I just gonna skip my classes right now.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Evie's POV

I woke up because of the light that shone from the sun outside which goes through my windows.

I slowly raised my head from my working table where I laid down.

I must've slept from working. I then stand up as I stretched my limbs whilst moving my neck around to relieve the stiffness.

I then went to my kitchen to drink some water cause my throat felt dry, and after that I decided to go outside my backyard to get some fresh air. Since I hadn't outside 'cause I was stuck inside my workroom and didn't have to go outside.

Once I was outside I breathed some amount of fresh air. I was very right on choosing this place for my starter castle, it was a very quiet place with a lot of trees surrounding it which made the air fresh.