Chapter 13

Mal's POV

I was in a date with Ben at the Enchanted Lake where our first was at, but my mind was with something else. I kept thinking about why Evie's eyes glow, and it's really confusing because her mom's eyes won't glow unlike hers. And I can feel some powerful magic radiating around her when her eyes glowed. And her mom doesn't have that kind of magic except for talking to the mirror, making poisons and potions, and casting spells. Or maybe it's from her father, but her mom said that her father is just a mortal.

I was deep in thought and didn't notice Ben was talking to me until he move his hand in front of my face. "Earth to Mal," I quickly glanced at him. "Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I was zoning out. So, what were you talking about?" I asked as I grab a strawberry from one of the bowls.

"Nothing, it's not that important. And what were you thinking by the way." He asked, worried and held my hand. "No, no it's nothing."

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He said as he gently moved my face to him.

"Well, it's about Evie." I told him.

"Evie? Why what's wrong?" He worriedly asked, well Evie is his friend too and his royal advisor.

"It's.... Well, do you remember yesterday when Evie and Brayden were bickering?"

"Yeah, I remembered. Why?"

"Well, while they were bickering I saw Evie's eyes glowed like mine but hers was blue. And it's really confusing because her mother's eyes doesn't glow like that , and her father is just a mortal. So, it's really confusing." I told him.

"Do you want me to tell Fairy Godmother about this?" He asked.

"No, don't."

"Okay, okay. I won't." He said, and sat beside me as he hugged me side ways.

"Should I tell Evie about it?" I asked.

"Well, it's up to you. But for me I should tell her about since it's about her and she has the right to know." He answered. Well his right Evie has the right to know. I'm gonna tell Evie about this tomorrow.

After a couple of minutes he stand up which made me confuse.

"Come on. Let's go take a swim, yeah?" He asked me as he offered his hand for me to take.

Well, he already taught me how to swim so why not.

"Okay." I said and held his hand.

We started to undress leaving us with only our bathing suit and his shorts.

After that we climbed in to a rock, I was the first one that jumped. And I looked up at him and I noticed that the short he wore was the one he wore on our first date.

"Didn't notice it's your favorite." I said jokingly pointing at his shorts.

He laughed. "Yeah, me too." He said returning back the joke. I smiled at him as he winks at me, I chuckled.

He then readied himself to jumped but before that he growled like what he did before in our first date and jumped.

He swam towards me, and me towards him. He grab my waist and my arm around his neck.

I looked at him with a loving gaze, and he return it too. I sighed, I really loved this guy.

He then leaned closer to me, closing the gap between us.

But after a couple of moments we need to catch our breath, so we pulled away but our forehead were still attached to each other.

"I love you, Ben."