Chapter 12

Evie's POV

I woke up, feeling my head about to explode because of the pain. And it got worse when I sat up. Oh god, what did I drink last night? I know I didn't drink alcohol because I wasn't allowed to. I tried remembering what happened last night. I remembered Doug was asking me to talk to him at the garden and then I followed him, he gave me a drink and- wait what? It doesn't make sense , how do I get a hangover when I only drank a cocktail? I kept thinking and come to the realization-he gave me a drink with a sleeping pill in it and was trying to kidnapped me.

I feel myself flaring up in anger. How could he do this to me? After all what I did to him.

I also remembered something which made me brightened up and hopeful at the same time. It's him that save me. I saw the bracelet he was wearing the time he saved me, it was the first bracelet that I made back in Isle. It was our promise bracelet.

I quickly open the drawer on my bedside table and grab a small box. I picked out the bracelet inside it. I actually made this as a gift for him and I made two for the both of us- and as I said earlier it sort of our promise bracelet.

It was only one time when we first met but I felt like there's a connection between us. He was my first friend which I considered my best friend. I remembered when he helped from a fallen tree that hit my foot which leave a scar on my left ankle. He really did his best just to helped me. I smiled.

"Oh, you're awake. Are you alright now?" Mal asked worried as she went out of the bathroom drying the ends of her purple locks with a towel.

"Ah yeah. I'm fine." She went beside me in the bed and threw her towel at her bed. I was surprised when she suddenly hugged me but eventually I hugged her back. She rested her chin at the top of my head and run my arm to comfort me. "Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, M. I'm fine. You don't have to worry." I know she was thinking about what happened last night by the looks on her face. And I feel bad for her about it. Why? I just ruined my best friend's birthday party because of Doug's obsession of me.

"M, I'm sorry." I apologized, she was surprised when I said that 'cause she quickly looked at me.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked confused.

"I'm sorry about what happened last night. It's all my fault your party had to stop because of me." And now she fully shifted her body to face me and held my hand in hers. "What are you talking about? It's not your fault, and nobody's fault it is except Doug. It's his fault, he was the one that was trying to kidnapped you. And don't worry about my party. It's fine. What I worry is about your safety. I don't care about my party, 'cause without you I'm not complete. You were the one and boys that helped me get through the things in my life. You are the best best friend I ever have. And I won't ask for anything except you and the boys." She explained, our eyes were now watery while she said those words. She looked up to the celling to prevent the tears from flowing while me I just bowed my head down. Then we looked at each other and started laughing.

"Welp, that was dramatic." Mal said jokingly while wiping her tears that is now flowing down her cheeks.

"Yeah," I agreed. She looked at me with those sisterly loving eyes and she again engulfed me into a tight hug before she stand up to fix herself. Once we let go at each other I asked her something. "Hey, Mal. Do you know who saved me?"

"Uhm.. Well, I don't know. He quickly ran away once he saved you." Mal answered. But there's something in me tells that she's lying but I just shrugged it off.

"Oh and by the way. There's a medicine over there for you to drink to stop the throbbing of your head. And you don't have to go to school. I will just tell your teachers about it." She said as she went to the vanity table.