eight

san's head jolted up from the sound of screaming. he looked around and was confused, he had no idea where he was. it was a pitch black room. the room had one light hanging from the ceiling. san walked over and turned it on. he instantly regretted it.

as soon as he turned on the light, another scream was heard. wooyoung.

san panicked. he looked around the room, looking for the source of the noise, but nothing was found. he looked up and saw a trapdoor. he reached up and opened it (the ceiling was kinda low). when he opened it, the trapdoor led to what seemed to be a rooftop.

it was windy, and nighttime. he looked around the rooftop and saw the source of the screams.

"wooyoung!"

"..."

"wooyoung! get away from there!"

"..."

nothing came from the boy. he was sitting on the rooftop railing, looking down at traffic. san ran towards him.

he was about two feet away from him when he suddenly stopped. wooyoung's head jolted up and he looked forward. san looked at where wooyoung was staring and he saw a figure. he couldn't make out the face, but he saw he was holding a gun.

"wooyoung! get away from them!"

wooyoung started to cry. "san.. please.."

san was confused, but he stepped closer. he saw himself. he was holding the gun, aiming at wooyoung.

"holy shit.." san whispered to himself.

wooyoung stopped crying and looked back down.

"do it."

those two words made san's heart ache. he could never see himself doing that to wooyoung. he reached to grab him but his hands went through him. the only thing he could do is watch.

he looked back at himself. he looked closer and saw he had red eyes. he was terrifying.

"wooyoung!"

"wooyoung!!!"

no matter how many times san called his name, he wouldn't even flinch.

suddenly, everything went black.

————

san woke up, in a sweat. he was shaking and tears streamed down his face. he sat up slowly and felt something warm on his chest.

it was wooyoung.

san sighed in relief. he wiped the tears off his face. he smiled and played with wooyoung's hair. he was snoring softly and hugging san's chest.

the very sight made san's heart flutter. he wrapped his arms around wooyoung and held him tighter.

wooyoung smiled.

this felt right.