nineteen

"what's today's drink?" a tall brown-haired bartender asked the young boy who was sitting in front of him.

"the usual."

"coming right up." the man turned and started making the drink for the boy.

wooyoung didn't know how he'd end up here, but his life soon became a mess after he'd left san. his dad's funeral was a few hours ago, all his feelings came back to him which made his hide in the bathroom to let out his tears. he was currently at a bar, drinking the night away.

"here you go wooyoung." the bartender pushed the glass toward him.

"thanks mingi."

"hey, don't overdo it tonight. i know you've got a lot on your mind but drinking won't solve anything." mingi leaned back, staring at wooyoung as he took a sip.

"i'll try not to, thanks." he put his glass down and sighed as he stared off into nothing.

wooyoung always went to this bar when he needed some time to think or be alone. it was not that busy, and hidden away.

the owner, song mingi, grew close to wooyoung. when the boy got drunk, he would let his feelings overtake him and rant a little. well, more like all night. mingi listened to him, and gave him advice as well as calm him down.

"i'm sorry to say this wooyoung but i think he's looking for you." the taller leaned over the counter to get closer to him. "i've got a friend, his name's seonghwa, and i've heard him talking about helping someone to find you."

wooyoung's eyes widened as he looked up and met mingi's gaze. "did you tell them where i was?"

"no. that's actually what i was gonna ask you tonight, if seonghwa's talking about you and him." the boy sighed and turned toward the wine shelf. he pulled out a bottle and poured himself a glass.

"mingi... can i ask you something?" wooyoung asked as he was staring at his drink, watching the condensation drip onto the counter.

"yeah man, go for it." the boy took another sip of his wine.

"i... i don't know what to do anymore." the boy felt tears come to his eyes. "i feel so empty, i don't know how to move on."

mingi set down his glass.

"i miss him so much, both of them. my dad and san. i only have you, rose, and yunho. but i still feel so lonely." tears dropped down as wooyoung's body started shaking.

"i was just being selfish, i left san without talking to him about it. i was listening to the voices in my head and ignored my heart." wooyoung wiped his face with his sleeve and started to cry into it.

mingi went around the counter and brought him into his arms, holding him tightly. wooyoung wrapped his arms around his friend, and cried into his shoulder.

he really did ignore his heart.

a/n: omg guys, 7k reads?? that's insane!! i really do appreciate everyone who reads and every comment and vote 🥺🥺🥺 i love you guys so much y'all are really having me in my feels— enjoy reading 🥺💞💞