VI

"Why are you here?" Jaemin pushed Renjun a bit and looked back at his brother. "Why is this human here?" 

"First of all, he has a name, second of all, you have no right to push him since he's under my protection. Please behave little brother." 

Jaemin froze in spot and turned around to look at the short male with wide eyes. He was angry, Renjun knew that and when the prince was angry he was able to do many things. The boy tried to look away so he'll avoid Jaemin's burning gaze, but when his hand held him by the shoulder and then he tightened the grip, Renjun yelped in pain.

"Jaemin!"

Renjun didn't even realize that Lucas was behind his younger brother until the cruel prince was dragged away and received a slap on his cheek.

"You also don't have the right to hurt him." Lucas hissed at him. "Get out."

The boy was shocked by the fact that after the prince almost shouted at him, Jaemin bowed his head lightly and then he left the room with his head down.

"I'm sorry for that." Lucas chuckled and gave Renjun a smile. "I didn't raise him good enough."

He wanted to say something, but when Lucas started walking out of the room, the male knew the subject ended. Following the prince on the golden corridors of his home, he tried to remember the surroundings so he wouldn't get lost the next day.

The two climbed hundreds of stairs and when they reached the last floor, Renjun was pretty sure his lungs will soon explode. Lucas didn't look like he was tired, but who was the boy kidding? Lucas is immortal and he doesn't get tried so easily. 

"Where are we going?" Renjun dared to ask only to receive a chuckle. 

"You'll see, little mortal." 

The teenager didn't say anything else and just followed him behind. He kept on looking around, at the beauty of this castle. It was more beautiful that the Grand Palace, he had to admit it. 

Lucas stopped before a door and when he snapped his fingers, the two golden doors opened.

"No one can enter this room without my permission." The prince explained and Renjun followed him inside. "Not even my younger brother can't enter this place." 

He stopped and turned around to look at younger. 

"But you can." 

The doors closed behind and he flinched at the sound. 

"Follow me." 

They walked out of the main room which kinda looked like an office and then entered another one. Lucas opened another pair of doors using his magic and Renjun followed him behind, staying quiet. The doors led them to a dark tunnel and the boy couldn't see anything with his non magical eyes. Some golden torches suddenly lighted the place and he could finally see those multiple stairs that took them back downstairs. 

"Sorry to ask, but did we just climb those stairs only to go back downstairs?" 

Lucas laughed, his voice echoing in the tunnel. 

"It's just an illusion human, we're not going downstairs at all." The elf continued.  "This place is secret. Only the members of The Court of Shadows use these tunnels and those room we just entered."  

"The Court of Shadows?" 

Lucas nodded and pushed another pair of doors. 

"And you're part of it." 

The two stepped inside the room and Renjun's jaw fell from the surprise. It was circular and had multiple closed doors on the walls. There were two tables and some chairs and on different shelves, colorful bottles filled with what he supposed were poisons. 

"Guys!" Lucas clapped his hands loudly and the male stopped staring. "The new member is here!" 

One of the closed doors opened and a tall elf came out. From another room, another tall guy appeared and Renjun's eyes widened when he saw those round ears. So he wasn't going to be the only human, he thought and couldn't help but feel happy to see someone just like him. 

"Where's Jaehyun?" Lucas asked the elf. 

"He didn't return yet." 

The prince nodded and went to one of the tables and sat down. 

"Introduce yourself." He told Renjun and the boy was met by the two curious gazes of the two guys. 

"My name is Renjun." He said and bowed, making the elf chuckle. 

"He's respectful." The human spoke and stretched out a hand. "I'm Johnny and this is Yuta, nice meeting you." 

They shook hands and Renjun smiled at him. 

"Welcome." Yuta patted his shoulder and then looked at Lucas who was waiting. "Do we explain to him now or later?" 

"Now." The prince replied. 

"Get out!" Jaemin shouted at the maid that was just cleaning his room. "Get the fuck out!" 

The pixie froze and bowed deeply, not meeting his gaze at all. He mumbled an apologize and quickly flew out of the room, closing the door after herself. 

He was so embarrassed that he wanted to stay inside his room for a month. How could his brother do this to him? Right in front of that pathetic human called Renjun. Jaemin dropped his body on his king sized bed and his eyes landed on the high ceiling. 

"Why did Lucas bring him here anyway?" He asked himself and sighed. "And why is h under his protection all of a sudden?" 

Jaemin was burning from anger. Nothing made sense to him. Why would Lucas need him? His eyes suddenly went wide from realization. He stood up and opened the window. 

"But why would he marry a human though?" Jaemin placed a finger on his lower lip and looked outside. The Grand Palace was glowing in the darkness just like a star. "I won't let him." He hissed. "It's enough that Taeil's real son will marry Doyoung." 

Jaemin was sure that this was the real reason of why Lucas brought Renjun there because he couldn't have another one, so he made a pact with himself. To make sure that the human will go back to his real world.