XV

Two days passed since the accident on the woods with Ten. He didn't go to the palace at all and he tried his best to stay in his room all day long. The first day, none of the boys saw his wound, but in the second morning, Yuta noticed it.

"What happened?" The half elf male asked as he sat down on Renjun's bed. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

Renjun buried his face in his hands and took a deep breath. He already knew what Yuta thought of him. Weak, and he didn't want to look like that at all.

"I feel better, don't worry." The silver haired male replied and managed to look up, at Yuta.

"That wasn't my question." The older crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll ask again. What happened?"

Sighing, Renjun ran a hand through his hair. He was ashamed, but he also knew that Yuta won't stop asking.

"I got hurt at the palace, that's all and yes, I treated my wound." Suddenly the image of him, sitting on that armchair came back with the one in which Jaemin flirted with him. His cheeks immediately got warmer. "J-Jaemin asked a maid to treat it for me."

Yuta's eyes slightly got wide when he heard the prince's name leaving Renjun's mouth. "Jaemin treated you?" He asked in disbelief and stood up from the mattress.

"H-He's maid did." The silver haired boy stuttered and looked away. The sight of his face and Jaemin's so close to each other came back. "Anyway." He suddenly jumped from the bed and made his way to the door. "I feel perfectly fine now."

Yuta kept on staring at him, following each move Renjun made until he reached the door. The younger didn't look behind, but he could feel his eyes on his back the whole time. Even after he was walking to the main room, he felt that Yuta was still looking at him through the walls.

Johnny and Jaehyun were both in the middle of a conversation when Renjun opened the door that separates the main room from the dark hallway which led you to the bedrooms. They both stopped when they saw him for the first time in two days.

A chuckle escaped Jaehyun's lips when he saw him. "I can't believe you hid in your room two days just to hide that."

"I didn't hide." Renjun mumbled and took a seat at the wooden table, across from the two. He already realize that both of them didn't believe what he just said.

"You think of yourself as weak." The elf read his thoughts and rested his chin in his palm. "Yet you want to become like us."

Renjun felt his cheeks becoming red from the embarrassment he felt in his whole body. How could he be so easy to read?

"I couldn't even harm him a little bit." The silver haired male found himself whispering. He clenched his fists and avoided Jaehyun's eyes.

The elf laughed again. "You'll never belong here kid." Jaehyun stood up and gave him a cold look.

"Jaehyun." Johnny grabbed his wrist to stop him. "I'm human too which makes us equal."

"When did I ever tell you that you belonged here Johnny?" The tall guy didn't reply. He seemed frozen and hurt because of those words his friend just said. "Right, never."

Pushing his hand away, Jaehyun left the room through one of the multiple tunnels. He didn't spare a glance at the two and he also didn't come back Tha whole day.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

When the sun started sending black shadows on the grass, Renjun decided to go for a walk. He didn't want to stay in that castle at all, because the mood changed drastically after what Jaehyun said. Johnny locked his elf in his room while Yuta got a job to do for Lucas, which left Renjun alone.

He tried to read something, just because he was bored as hell, but he couldn't concentrate. He event tried to paint something after he gave up on reading, but he didn't have any inspiration.

Sighing, the silver haired male kept on staring at the sun that was slowly becoming orange. He was sitting in the soft grass, in the place where he used to go with Chenle everyday after school. Now his brother stopped coming there because of him.

Did he miss those days? Renjun didn't have an answer. Maybe a part of him did but he kinda started enjoying this life as well.

"How are you feeling?"

The sudden voice startled Renjun and the boy flinched when the elf sat down in the grass, next to him. Jeno looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"You didn't come to school for two days already."

Was he concerned? But why?

"I didn't feel like going." Renjun replied and looked away from that handsome face. "How are you feeling?" His eyes landed again on Jeno's face. "I heard you got hurt."

The young elf chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "I have healing power so I got well in less than a day." His smile then left his lips. "I'm sorry I left you alone."

Renjun didn't know why, but he felt like smiling after hearing those words. So he wasn't the only one who felt bad after what happened. His lips formed a thin line as he looked away, hiding that smile that wanted to bad to be showed to the world.

"You don't need to apologize, it's my fault I'm a weak human who doesn't belong here anyway."

"Don't say that!" Jeno gasped as he grabbed him by the arm. Renjun looked at him again. "Of course you belong here and being human looks pretty cool. I mean you have feelings and all those stuff."

Renjun laughed. It amused him that fact that one powerful elf like Jeno thought that humans were cool. Or maybe he was just pretending in front of him so he won't feel weird and awkward.

"Tell that to the other faeries that live here. I'm sure they'll agree with you."

"They're idiots." Jeno mumbled and backed away to give Renjun space. "And you're pretty cool." The two made eyes contact for a split of second. "It still makes me feel bad of how awful we treated you and your brother for so many years."

Hope you enjoyed the chapter guys!!!