>>4<<

The day went by quickly, with no one leaving the apartment. Mark used his magic to make the place bigger so everyone will have a room of his own and by the time the sun was disappearing and the stars were already filling the sky, Jaemin found himself laying on a bed. He was already looking outside the window for an hour and he didn't even hear the door opening until someone sat down next to him. 

"Aren't you going to eat something?" Jeno's soft voice rang in his ears, making the prince glance at him. He shook his head and then looked back at the sky. "Why?" 

"I'm not hungry." Jaemin mumbled and moved on his right side, so that his back would face the other elf. The younger wasn't even in the mood to talk, because he was too busy thinking about everything that happened. He knew that they might have to leave this place soon, because there was a big chance of Lucas realizing where they ran to. 

"Are you blaming yourself for what happened?" Jeno asked before clearing his throat. "You shouldn't, I mean you did nothing wrong. Renjun blames himself as well and I had to talk to him for more than one hour to make him realize it's not his fault." A sigh escaped his lips while he touched Jaemin's shoulder with his warm hand. "Maybe we could live here from now on. Mark told me that for us, it's not that hard to live here. We can easily charm everything and..." 

"No." Jaemin stopped him by rising his hand and also standing up in a sitting position. "I mean you can, but I will have to return back one day." The blue haired half-elf clenched his fists as he avoided Jeno's eyes. "Lucas can't have the power. Until he still has a chance I can't turn a blind eye to what's happening there." 

"Then after. You hated that place anyway." 

A sad chuckle left Jaemin's throat as he rested his head on Jeno's shoulder. It was comfortable. "You shouldn't hope that much. I might not even get the chance to return even if I wanted to." It felt like eternity since they talked like that, just the two of them. Maybe it was because of how Jaemin behaved, because if he wouldn't have been a big jerk, his friendship with Jeno would have been better. 

"Don't be so depressed." Jeno moved his hand in small and soft circles on his back. The way he was acting made Jaemin feel a bit confused. He took the chance to glance up because the brunette was too busy looking at the floor. A small smile formed the blue haired male's face when he saw his pout and he decided to back away. 

"I'm not depressed. I'm just being realistic." Jaemin then cleared his throat and stood up. The sky was already the usual dark shade of blue when he looked outside. "Did you eat?" He looked back at Jeno. 

"You said you weren't hungry." 

"And that wasn't my question." The blue haired male showed a small smile. 

"No I didn't." 

"Then let's go." Jaemin stretched out his hand so Jeno would take it and when the brunette held his hand, the half-elf pulled him up. Still not letting go of his hand, Jaemin led the way outside his room and only when they reached the kitchen, that was now a bit far away than it was when they arrived at the apartment, did they let go of each other hands. 

"I'm glad you managed to convince this brat to eat." Mark said once they stepped inside and sat down at the table. "Are you okay? You seemed a bit down earlier." His dark eyes were glued on Jaemin, who tried his best to ignore the uneasy feeling he received from the older. Right, he still didn't know his secret. 

"You should tell him as well." Jeno whispered into his ears before he started eating. 

Jaemin flinched a bit and glanced from the brunette to Mark, who was frowning. The fact that the elf was now helping them made the blue haired male realize more that he was the one who behaved so awful to a friend just because he got engaged to a half-elf, just like him. Maybe he behaved like that because he was afraid that he'll lose his friends too, at least, that was his excuse. 

"I want to apologize to you first. I was a jerk and now I regret it." As he said that, Jaemin started playing with his fingers, completely forgetting about his dinner, that was right in front of him. His lower lip started trembling as well. "I hope we can be friends again." 

"We all make mistakes. Even if we are elves, we're not perfect." 

Elves, if only he was one. But he wasn't, so he had no right to act like one when his human heart was beating in his chest. Jaemin felt the way Jeno was looking at him. He and Jisung didn't turn their backs to him after they found out, but because he acted so harsh towards Mark and Donghyuck, the younger had a feeling that Mark might get a bit mad. 

"I'm not a pure elf Mark." Jaemin finally spoke, his voice almost cracking. "I'm just half. You can dislike me, because I had no reason to act like that when I was just like Donghyuck. I came to realize after some things changed in my life." 

Silence filled the room. Jeno stopped eating and leaned more in the chair while he crossed his arms over his chest. He looked from Jaemin to Mark. Surprisingly, the elf didn't seem angry at all. In fact, the look he was showing was one of disappointment.  

"I don't dislike you. You're still my friend even if you're not a pure blood, but I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought that being so close meant we trusted each other." 

"And we did." Jeno added and cleared his throat. "I'm not taking his side, don't get me wrong, but he had his reasons. His family ignored him, his brothers are the ones who dislike him and he had to live with one. I wouldn't trust others either, even if we were so close like we were." 

A sigh escaped Mark's lips. He nodded in agreement, but he still had the same look on his face. He then stood up and looked at them. 

"Eat something then rest. We'll make a plan to bring back everything to normal." As he said that, he picked up the cat named Nana and left the kitchen, leaving the two boys there, in silence. 

This book is back guys! I'm sorry for not updating for so long but from now on I'll update more. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.