XXV

"You're plotting something." Jaemin barked after he finally managed to convinced his brother to let Jeno go home. His parents would start worrying anyway if their son wouldn't come home in days.

On the golden sofa, Lucas was sipping slowly from his wine. Wasn't he already drunk after six glasses already? Jaemin clenched his fists. It annoyed him that the older looked so calm and unbothered by what was happening around him. Renjun could easily be killed if someone else would find out he killed the princess of their enemy. Even he could be killed.

"I'm on his side, stupid boy." Lucas finally decided to reply. His slammed the half empty glass on the table and stood up, stretching his arms above his head. "Why would I try to harm him?"

"Because that's your talent?" Jaemin provoked him and a smirk formed his lips. "You always pretend to be the nicest prince, but actually you're the worst."

The younger prince didn't even get the chance to blink as Lucas already teleported himself in front of him and slapped his younger brother, making Jaemin stumble until he hit the wall behind.

"You should stop questioning your older brother before it doesn't get ugly, half breed." Lucas spitted the words and grabbed Jaemin by the collar of his soft shirt. The younger elf felt something warm dripping down his chin. "Look at you, weak like a human but pretty like an elf." Lucas's free hand reached his cheek and the touch of his cold skin made Jaemin flinch. "Disgusting." He mumbled before letting go of him. "Get out of here, you make me sick."

Jaemin didn't say anything else. He already knew that Lucas never liked him, so those words who would be painful to someone, weren't for him. He just wiped the golden blood from the corner of his lip and stormed out of the room. On the silent corridor, only his loud footsteps were echoing.

"He's planning something..." The prince whispered as he climbed the stairs. "I'm sure of it."

He was about to take the right, when he bumped into a small and fragile body. Jaemin already knew that the person was gonna fall on the floor, so he quickly grabbed the male's arm tight. His eyes widened a bit when he recognized the cute face before him.

"What are you doing here?" The prince asked him after he let go of him.

"I wanted..." Renjun didn't get the chance to say anything else when Jaemin placed his hand over his mouth and pinned him to the wall behind. His hot breath was touching Renjun's face and he couldn't help himself but stare at the young prince. He was so pretty.

Even if Renjun didn't hear the pair of footsteps, Jaemin did. Then the voices rang in his ears.

"The Queen will be mad anyways,  Lucas." Jungwoo was the first to speak and Jaemin widened his eyes. Since when was he there? "But she might kill only them."

"I'll negotiate with her." Lucas hissed back and a sigh was heard from Jungwoo. "Just think about it. If I catch the killer, then father will be proud of me and I'll finally be able to beat Doyoung. I don't get it. Why is he his favorite anyway?"

Jungwoo chuckled.

"Because he's smart, why do you think? He's not Jaemin, who's also a half breed and a stupid kid."

Renjun noticed when Jaemin clenched his fists and bit his lower lip in frustration. For some reason, he wanted to hold his hand in comfort, but they weren't that close though, so he held himself.

"I'm gonna tell Jaehyun to bring the boy in my room by midnight. He won't be able to run anymore, since The Queen would be already here."

When Renjun flinched, Jaemin looked at him for the first time since the two princes came in their direction. The prince's eyes were also wide and when he was sure neither Lucas nor Jungwoo could hear them, he backed away from the smaller boy.

"H-He's gonna kill..."

"No he won't." Jaemin spoke and grabbed his small hand. "Let's go."

That bastard... Jaemin thought for himself. Of course he would manipulate everyone for his own good.

"What do you want to do?" The silver haired male asked him, his voice trembling. "You can't get more involved than you already are Jaemin." Renjun tried to get his hand out, but he failed when the prince tightened the grip. "Jaemin let go."

"Shut up." The young elf hissed and with a wave of his hand, the doors of his room opened and then closed when they were inside.

"He's gonna find me anyway." Renjun sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "It's helpless."

"No it's not." Jaemin raised his voice and looked at him. "He can't become a king, not him. You don't understand since you don't know him, but I do. He's the worst."

"Then who do you want to be next?"

"I don't know, I don't care if he's not the one." Jaemin hissed and dropped his body on the edge of his giant bed. He buried his face in his hands and sighed. What should he do now? "If you manage to run before The Queen comes then you're saved. Maybe you can go back to the human world."

Renjun looked at him only, unable to reply. That world he once lived in seemed something terrifying now and he didn't want to leave that place. But he could also hide at Donghyuck's apartment, since his brother never liked Elfhame so he moved there few weeks ago. Donghyuck only visited Taeil's house, because Chenle was still living there.

"First, let's think of a way out of here." Renjun spoke and Jaemin agreed with a nod of his head. "Am I gonna die if I jump from there?" The male pointed at the open window.

"You don't need to jump." Jaemin stood up and walked to the window. "I'll teleport you there."

"But..."

"You don't think I'm gonna stay here right?" When Renjun didn't reply, the prince laughed. "Lucas will torture me. He'll know that I helped you escape."

"So we're running away?"

"Yeah and we take Jeno, Jisung and your brother as well. If they don't find us they'll send soldiers to my friends and your brother. They'll be dead before even opening their mouths."