XIII

Note:If there are some mistakes I'm gonna apologize now because I didn't read the whole chapter again before publishing. You can comment if I did made some mistake, I won't mind.

The forest that surrounded the palace seemed to become wider and bigger by each meter, as if the trees told each other to appear out of nowhere wherever Renjun would run or try avoid them. It annoyed him as hell and he even cursed twice already, but Jeno didn't seem like hearing his bad words.

What was worse than those trees that appeared all the time, was the new rule the catchers got as a gift from the goblin teacher. They were allowed to use one weapon which was in disadvantage to them.

"I don't get one thing." Renjun panted after he stopped next to a giant tree. Jeno stopped as well, but he didn't seem tired at all. In fact, he looked like he just had breakfast and was about to relax for the day.

Stupid immortal, Renjun thought and looked away.

"What don't you get?" The tall elf asked and crossed his arms over his chest. Renjun looked at him and sighed.

"Why does this fucking game has to be a test?"

Jeno laughed and ran a hand through his soft hair. "Why do you think I have an answer?"

The silver haired male glared at him but didn't bother to complain again. He knew what would happen if he was caught by one of Jaemin's dogs. He didn't want to get bitten or worse, being eaten alive.

"Don't worry, Jaemin is an idiot when it comes to this shit. The one who we need to be careful around is Jisung. He's the brain in their group." Jeno said and stepped forward to Renjun. "He was also the one who..."

Renjun didn't need the end of the sentence to know what the elf meant. Jisung was the one who managed to find him and he was the one who actually made the path that dragged Renjun to the lake. Everything was made for the prince, so that Jaemin would already wait there, in the warm sunlight with his smirk forming his lips.

"When this is over, can you beat the hell out of him for me?"

Before Jeno could reply, a deep chuckle rang in his ears. The tall elf flinched and looked somewhere behind Renjun which made the boy turn around and see the person.

Renjun really thought that it was Jaemin the one who found them, but it was even worse. It was Ten, one of the most intelligent yet horrifying elves Renjun ever met in his life. The blonde elf wasn't really a friend of Jaemin's since he disliked the prince too, but when it came to these kind of stuff, he made sure to win.

"How's the feeling of being the dog of a mortal Jeno?" Ten smirked and his silver claws appeared. He always hated Renjun and Chenle and he always wanted them dead.

Jeno growled at Ten and stepped in front of Renjun, almost as if he tried to protect the silver haired male. A pair of claws appeared and Renjun flinched when he heard the sound of them hitting each other softly. It was a sign for Ten to back away if he wanted to keep his handsome face for eternity.

But the blonde elf only chuckled as he stepped forward. "Go on." He waved a pale hand before Jeno's eyes. "Run before I catch you."

Renjun looked up at Jeno and only when the brunette nodded his head on response, the boy started running.

"I hate this game." He kept on whispering while he avoided each tree that appeared out of nowhere in front of his eyes. "I hate this school." He avoided another tree. "And I hate this life."

Renjun looked behind. He stopped running when he realized that Jeno was no where. Where was he? The silver haired male was walking slowly, his eyes looking around the forest.

"Did Jeno finally realize you were worthless?" Ten's voice made him freeze in the middle of a small clearing.

Renjun managed to slowly turn around. The elf was resting onto a tree, swinging a silver knife with his fingers. A cruel smirk was forming his lips and a part of his small shining fangs were being able to be seen.

"You know..." He started and pushed himself away from the giant tree. "I can kill you right now and tell the others it was an accident while playing the game. No one actually likes you and your brother anyway."

Hearing that made Renjun feel angry. He clenched his fists and glared at the smirking elf who was really amused by his reaction.

"Is the mortal hurt by the truth?" Ten asked in a soft voice as he stepped forward, swinging his knife before Renjun's eyes.

The silver haired male stepped backwards, but sadly his back hit the tree behind. Ten teleported himself right in front of him, his hot breath touching Renjun's face. The cold feeling of the silver blade touched his neck which made him yelp. One wrong move and he would loose his head.

"Go on, try and fight back, mortal." The elf growled and pressed the blade  more onto his soft skin. "Or are you gonna wait for your precious friend named Jeno? Oh! I forgot to tell you then! He's not coming." Ten chuckled only. He was enjoying himself at the moment.

But Renjun didn't feel fear at all. He was angry instead. He just wanted to get rid of that ugly smirk the elf had plastered on his immortal face. If only....

Renjun pretended to give up as he remembered Yuta's words from few days ago when they trained in the forest for at least three hours. The half elf male knew that he wasn't strong at all and that's why he taught him that sometimes, pretending in front of the enemy could make a difference. It would make him think that he really can't defend himself.

The silver haired male was about to look at Ten again and maybe try to disarm him without getting too Hutt, when the elf was suddenly thrown into a tree.

Renjun widened his eyes when he saw the small body laying in the grass while hissing in pain. Few branches fell on him which made Ten curse.

"What the hell Jaemin?" He yelled at the pink haired prince who smoothly made his way to them. Renjun looked at him and saw that the prince didn't look too happy. Maybe it was because he wasn't the one who caught him. "I almost got him." Ten managed to get up after stumbling twice.

"I never told you that he was the one I want." Jaemin reached the spot where Renjun was resting his back onto the tree behind.

"Fucking arrogant."Ten hissed and swung his knife in the air."Then who do you want, my prince?" The blonde elf asked sarcastically which only amused Jaemin.

The prince didn't say anything for a while, unt Jisung appeared, followed by quietly by Chenle. Jaemin glanced at his friend then back at Ten, who was burning from the anger. A cruel smile formed his soft lips.

"Get him."

Jaemin didn't order anyone which confused Renjun at first, but when he saw the three beasts that made their way through the trees, he understood that he was playing that game with other rules.

Ten widened his eyes when he saw them and dropped his knife in the grass beneath his feet. Renjun was sure he was trembling, even if he tried his best to hide his fear.

"If I were you, I would start running." Jaemin chuckled lightly before he snapped his fingers and the three beasts jumped forward.

It didn't take too long for Ten to disappear, deeper in the forest, trying his best not to get caught by Jaemin's real dogs.

"I-Is he gonna die?" Chenle stuttered and looked from Jisung to Jaemin.

"He'll live, sadly." The tall elf mumbled and crossed his arms over his chest.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter fam!! Again, I'm sorry for not being active that much the past few weeks!!