XX

Renjun froze. She caught him and he just cursed at himself mentally. How could he be so stupid? Of course she would know that he was trailing behind, hidden in the shadows.

"Not gonna lie though, you're good at hiding." The faerie straightened her back and snapped her fingers. A small glittering sword appeared in her left hand. "But now I'm annoyed and you'll die because of that."

Of course he'll die, Renjun thought. Ten wanted him dead, but he didn't get the chance to kill him that day and now her. But again, he was a mortal and in that world they were hated.

A smirk formed Renjun's lips while he took out his own knife out of his pocket. He swung it in the air, soft lines of stars following it. If she was thinking that he'll just tremble in fear after seeing that sword, then she was wrong. He spent way to many hours with Yuta, in the dark and in the forest that surrounded Lucas's palace not to be able to defend his elf properly. His eyes met the faerie's. Renjun realized he didn't know her name despite being classmates for years already, but he didn't want to know it anyway. She wasn't worth it.

"Are you gonna attack?" The silver haired male asked coldly. He started thinking if the three elves heard them because they weren't that far away. "I'm getting bored easily you know."

The faerie laughed as if she heard a good joke. Her eyes became silver and the claws each elf or faerie had appeared.

"Who thought that a human could fight? I mean, last time I checked you needed help from the prince himself."

Renjun's cheeks started getting warmer because of the anger he felt in his whole body. He was angry, because everyone in that world thought of him as weak. He didn't want to be weak anymore. He was sick of it. So Renjun decided to attack her first by slitting her hand with the knife.

The faerie fell into the grass, her golden blood coloring the green beneath her. Renjun fell too, his back hitting a tree, but he quickly stood up. The faerie growled and swung her sword so that the sharp end of it, made a cut in Renjun's arm.

She laughed when she saw the red liquid dripping from his hand and with a wave from her hand, Renjun was thrown away from their hiding spot. The silver male groaned when his back hit the rough ground and his head ended up into cold water. He was about to stand up when something heavy landed on him and a cold hand reached his neck. His eyes widened when he realized, but it was too late because the faerie pushed him into the water. His whole face was underwater and he was slowly suffocating.

Renjun tried to push her away, but the faerie was way too strong for him. The word weak rang in his ears. He was so done with it and maybe that gave him power, because Renjun remembered about the knife he was stil holding.

He didn't really know where to aim, he just stabbed a random spot, but it helped. The faerie slowly let go of him which allowed Renjun to breathe fresh air. His eyes widened when he saw where he stabbed her. Right in her neck. Her eyes were wide and she was suffocating really quick.

"You.... Bastard...." The girl whispered before she died, her face being buried in the grass.

Renjun's heart started beating faster. He killed a girl, a classmate, without really wanting. His hands were trembling and he felt tears forming in his eyes. She was dead and he didn't want to kill her. He never intended on doing so, yet he killed her.

The silver haired male couldn't really hear anything in the background. He was able to see, through the tears that were forming in his eyes, a sillouethe. The elf had blue hair and he was kneeling in front of him.

His pale hand reached his cheek and with a finger, Jaemin wiped away the tears. Jeno reached the place as well and he knelt next to the dead faerie. Jisung was just standing there in shock.

"I...I-I killed her...." Renjun mumbled between the sobs. "I never wanted to kill her."

He started crying harder. He suddenly felt something warm covering him all. A pair of strong arms wrapped around his shoulders and his head was buried in Jaemin's chest. The prince was slowly sawing circles on his back while his other hand was playing with his hair.

"It's okay." Jaemin whispered as he looked at Jeno who sighed heavily. "Calm down."

"She's dead." The other elf whispered  to Jaemin who just closes his eyes tight while he kept on calming the small male from his arms.

Renjun was still crying. He really didn't wish her to be dead. He just wanted to stop her from hearing anything that she could possibly gossip about.

"Fuck." Jisung cursed and ran his hand through his soft hair. His hands then tested on his hips.

"I-I didn't want to kill her." Renjun mumbled while still being embraced by Jaemin. His fingers were still drawing small circles on his back, trying to calm him down. "But she's dead." The silver haired male whispered, his words drowning in his throat.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Renjun was trembling under the thick layer of blankets. His fingers were tightly holding a hot cup of tea. The soft lines of steam were dancing in the air while the silver lights the moon was sending on the ground, were touching the marble floor.

The candles were the only warm light  that filled Jaemin's wide and quiet bedroom. Renjun found himself looking around the beautiful room and he took a sip from the hot drink. The prince left him there, while he went inside the bathroom to take a shower.

He was still feeling awful after what he did and he still couldn't believe that he killed a faerie. His eyes landed on the clean knife, but he could still see the golden blood dropping from it.

While he was deep inside his thoughts, still staring at the silver knife, Jaemin exited the bathroom in some silk clothes. His blue hair was dropping from the water. Renjun looked at him, while he hugged his knees. He still couldn't believe he accepted his offer of staying tonight in his room after what he found out recently.

"How are you feeling?" The prince tilted his head. He made his way to one of the windows and he opened it. "I know you'll be traumatized after all that happened today but..."

"What happened with her?" Renjun asked, already feeling the tears forming in his eyes.

"Jeno and Jisung buried her in the woods. We won't speak of it again." The prince replied and looked at Renjun. He felt something burning in his chest while he stared at him. "Was she the one who..."

Renjun shook his head while a tear fell down his cheek. "I attacked first..." He whispered and wiped it.

"May I ask why?"

The silver haired male looked at Jaemin with his teary eyes. "She provoked me. She was also following you three."

So Jaemin was right. Someone really did follow them. For gossips, he already knew. If that bitch heard the rumor about him being a half breed then she was most probably going to expose him if she actually knew it was a true story.

"Don't blame yourself." The prince said and leaned by the window. The cold air was touching his skin through the silk he was wearing. "And thank you."

Renjun wiped another tear.

"For what?" His question was a whisper as well.

"For hiding my secret."