VIII

Few days passed since Renjun arrived at Lucas's home. Jaehyun was still cold toards him, but Yuta and Johnny became his first real friends. As for Jaemin, well, the prince still didn't agree with anything. 

In that sunny and warm evening, Renjun found himself inside the highest tower from the Grand Palace, with a bunch of books before his nose. The teacher for the day, which was an ugly yet smart goblin, was telling them something, but he only heart a quarter of the information as he fell asleep a few times. 

Renjun was tired as hell. He only wanted to sleep one night, but since Yuta made him start drinking poison every day to become immune to any type, his health went down. Even if the elf never gave him too much, the poisons changed his immune system and made him weaker. 

Johnny's words made their way to his ears: You need to become stronger than this, he once told him and Renjun could only agree with him. He had to stop being a weak human and just get strong. But how could he do that?

While he was looking at the teacher half asleep, a burning gaze made him turn his head in the direction from where it came and he widened his eyes when he saw a smiley Jeno not far away from him. "What the heck?" He whispered to himself and turned away, trying to avoid the gaze but a low chuckle made him look in left. 

Jaemin was glaring in Jeno's direction, but when he saw him staring, he smirked and a pair of silver claws appeared. He placed one to his pale neck and pretended to slit it. This is what will happen to Renjun soon, the boy understood the message clearly. 

When the classes were over, the young male took his books and headed out along with Chenle who had way too many questions. 

"I saw what he did earlier in class!" His younger brother exclaimed and dared to glance over to where Jaemin was talking to Jisung. "And you live with him Jun..." 

Renjun patted his head softly and chuckled, trying to hide the fact that he felt like a corpse. "I'm fine don't worry, Lucas is there too." 

The younger sighed. "I'm just concerned. Donghyuck is too you know? Even Taeil is!" 

"He shouldn't be." Renjun replied and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll visit when I will be able okay?" He stopped and watched as Chenle started walking on the well-known path to Taeil's mansion. A sigh escaped his lips and he was about to turn around when he bumped into a chest. 

"Hey there." Jeno waved a pale hand a gave him his eye smile that charmed so many faeries. 

Renjun rolled his eyes and bumped his shoulder into his. He started walking faster, thinking he'll get rid of the young elf, but Jeno teleported himself in his right. 

"What the...?" The boy stopped and looked coldly at Jeno, whose smile never left his lips. "What do you want? Did Jaemin send you to annoy the hell out of me?" 

The smile faded and Jeno sighed. "Why do you think of me as a mean guy like him?" 

Renjun furrowed his brows and started walking again, only to be followed by Jeno again. 

"Weren't you part of his group of friends?" Renjun added and looked up at the elf who chuckled and looked at the ground. 

"Mark was part of it too." 

True, Renjun wanted to say but he kept his mouth shut. "What do you really want from me Jeno?" He stopped again and looked up at that handsome face. 

"I want to be your friend." 

Renjun felt his heart stop. Did he hear right? That rich elf wanted to be friends with one of the two humans that attended the classes from the castle? 

"Why?" It made no sense. Why would he want to be his friend? What games was he playing? 

Jeno kept on smiling as he shrugged his shoulders. "Why wouldn't I want to?" 

Renjun chuckled and had to look away for some moments. "Why wouldn't you?" He raised his voice without meaning it. The shorter looked up at him and glared. "You and your two friends never liked me and my brother and suddenly you want to be my friend. How stupid do you think I am?" 

Jeno nodded in agreement. "I understand that, believe me and I want to apologize but you might not forgive me." He looked right into Renjun's eyes and he suddenly felt weird. "Let's just say I realized too late that I was being an asshole." 

Damn you're right, Renjun thought and sighed heavily. 

"Can't say I believe your words yet, because even if you can't lie, you can still avoid the real meaning of the words." The boy replied and he was surprised too when he felt his lips forming a small smile. Jeno chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest. "But let's just say I believe you for now." 

The elf sighed in relief. "I though I'll struggle to make you listen to what I have to say." 

Renjun wanted to reply, when he saw a well-known shadow in a tree. He had to cut the conversation now so he just waved a hand at Jeno. "See you tomorrow." 

The boy didn't wait for a reply as he started making his way in the woods where he'll meet with Yuta and train for the rest of the day. 

I'm so sorry for not updating this story!! I'll make it up to you guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!