1

*This is not a standalone book, it is advised that you read the first one.*

***For anyone who decided not to read the author's note:

This book and series may give you a damsel in distress / chicklit / fast love vibe.

If you do not enjoy books of these genres this series is not for you. I'm sure you can find many other amazing books that will be better suited to your interests. ***

Chapter One - Ocean Eyes

Set 3 years ahead of Book 1.

I twist the lens slightly to zoom in on the engraved wall as I try to get as much detail as I possibly can into the shot. I know I'm already running late to my meeting but I just had to take a picture when I saw the level of detail on the wall.

"Cameras are not allowed here." A deep and husky voice suddenly states from behind.

I turn to see a tall man standing there. He's of a strong build and that dark navy suit of his does nothing to hide his muscles straining against the clothes. My eyes roam over his features as I take him in. He has blonde hair with the clearest set of ocean blue eyes and a sharp, stubbled jaw. Overall, he looks like a golden boy but there is a certain ruggedness to him that intrigues me.

I smirk before taking a quick picture of him and letting the device hang around my neck. "You sound just like my father."

His eyes narrow at my dry tone as I smile sweetly and wave before disappearing down the hallway. I continue onto the next level of the courthouse before reaching my dad's office. He's a judge in the New York County Supreme Courthouse. Sighing heavily, I brace myself before knocking on the door and entering once I hear a muffled "come in!"

Dad sits behind his mahogany desk in a designer suit. I inherited my green eyes and light smattering of freckles from him but other than that my red hair, slender figure and soft features are from my mom. My sister looks exactly like him though with her golden blonde hair and sharp features. But she has brown eyes like mom.

"Can we make this quick? I need to meet with my supervisor." I rush as I take a seat on the couch.

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. There's still time to drop out and pursue a career in law or science." He stands and walks over to grab a book from the shelf behind me.

"It's my last year!" I clench my fists in anger as my blood boils.

Just once I wish someone would understand me and what I want to do with my life. My parents have always been hellbent on their children following in their footsteps, to have a career either in law or science but when I didn't have the same dreams that's when they started making my life miserable.

My sister is literally the golden child and known as their only child too unless they absolutely must admit that they also have another daughter. It's ridiculous how ashamed they are of me just because I decided to pursue a career in photography.

I chose to apply to the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York without telling anybody but when I received an offer my family were adamant that I reject it. Of course, I didn't and accepted it as it was my dream college and offered one of the best photography courses.

Right after that, things turned ugly. My family went so far as to disowning me and giving me an ultimatum, either I drop photography and do law or science or I'm going to be kicked out and left unsupported.