17

Chapter Seventeen - New Year's Bash

I put on my earrings before spritzing on some of my new perfume. Fixing my hair with a satisfied glance I make my way over to my laptop that is playing music while I have been getting ready. Today is New Years Eve and we are attending a party thrown by the Jackson family's neighbor who live ten minutes away from the ranch.

But as I'm about to shut down my laptop a notification pops up about me receiving an email. I decide to check it out quickly because I can hear Hunter coming up the stairs and we need to get going soon. I skim through the email before my eyes widen at its contents.

"Red! Come on, we're going to be late! Why do you women take so long – what happened?" He frowns as he walks into the room to see me staring at my laptop screen in disbelief.

"I-I...a popular magazine company emailed me. They said that they've been looking through my photography online and have asked if I would shoot a few of their upcoming campaigns." I explain breathlessly as I look up at him.

"That's great! Did you say yes?!" He grins excitedly before giving me tight hug.

I smile at his reaction. "Not yet. I'm a little nervous honestly."

"They'll love your work, Red. In fact, they already do!" His eyes flicker with understanding as they gaze into mine. "Take this chance. It could open up a lot of doors."

I exhale deeply before nodding in agreement. "Okay, I'll email them back now."

He smiles and watches as I type a response before sending the email. As soon as I've done that I release a breathless laugh before turning to him. His grin is so wide and his baby blues are glimmering with excitement, pride and happiness. I find myself melting into a puddle over how much he cares.

"You're going to do great, sweetheart. This is your time, I just know it." He whispers before pressing his lips to mine.

God, I love you, I think to myself as I kiss him back with equal passion. Sadly, he pulls away all too soon before tugging me up. He looks quite handsome in his navy patterned shirt with black jeans and boots. His eyes roam over my figure and I watch them darken in desire. I chose to wear a black dress with see through mesh sleeves and skirt. It has a plunging neckline and the first half of the skirt is covered with a black material so I'm not revealing as much. What I love most about this dress is that it's covered in white stars.

"You like?" I smirk as I twirl for him.

"I love." He grins cheekily as he pulls me in for another kiss.

We break away when we hear Michelle calling everyone down. Chuckling at his pouty expression I take his hand and intertwine it with mine before we leave the room. The men are all dressed smart as are Ella and Michelle. Ella's wearing a baby pink, sequined dress that makes her bump look cute whereas Michelle's outfit is a gold, wrap dress.

Some of the boys decide to walk the ten minutes whereas me, Ella and Michelle opt for the car since we're wearing heels. Not even five minutes after we arrive at the beautiful two-story house of the Sawyers family the guys meet us in the foyer. Hunter slips his arm around my waist and holds me close as we introduce ourselves. The Sawyers have a son who's the same age as Noah and a daughter around the age of seventeen. She not so discreetly eyes up the Jackson brothers and Ella's eyes meet mine before we chuckle quietly.

We make our way inside to the open plan sitting room and kitchen where the party is in full swing. There's a pool outside too and the garden has been lit up brightly with decorations to match. Me and Hunter grab drinks before he introduces me to some of his high school classmates and old friends. He catches up with them about the good times before Michelle and Evan pull me away to introduce me to some of their own friends.