19

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 19. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. ***

Chapter Nineteen - My Valentine

I'm sitting in the office of The Mad Twist as the comments on the issue pour in. It's Valentines day today and the issue dropped first thing in the morning. Blade, Lia and AJ had surprised me by decorating my office and bringing a cake to celebrate. Jordan and Cory had also left me a sweet message this morning to congratulate me.

Throughout the four hours after the issue was released I have seen so many positive comments online about the pictures on Mystique's social media pages. I posted some of the images on my own social media handles too and I've been receiving praises ever since, even from my colleagues, professors and supervisor. It feels so good to know that people love my work.

But my family has also been texting me. I've seen their messages but refuse to pick up their calls. Them congratulating was enough of a surprise when I read that they wanted to meet for dinner. They brought my hopes up at reconnecting only for them to crash and burn moments later when they started talking about introducing me to more connections. That's when I realized that only my success matters to them, not me. I'm so glad I didn't put my last name down for the issue. Besides, I have all the people I need who care about me and my happiness.

"This is a hit, Zoe! We're so proud of you!" AJ grins excitedly as he flicks through the magazine I had brought with me.

"I love this one!" Lia squeals as she shows me one of the pictures which makes me laugh.

"It's about time everyone knew how talented you are." Blade smirks as he cuts another slice of cake for himself.

"Thank you guys." I smile softly as I watch them look at the photos and comment on which ones are their favorite.

I'm quickly distracted by my phone which vibrates in my jean pocket. Fishing it out I see that it's a text from Hunter. Congratulations, Red! You already know how proud I am of you! Date night tonight?

Thank you and sure! What should I wear? I type back with excitement.

Something fancy and be ready by six. Love you, he replies and I'm left to wonder what options I have at home.

"Ooh, did Hunter text you?" Lia smirks playfully and the dreamy smile slips right off my face.

"Yeah, we're going out to celebrate later." I blush when she wiggles her brows teasingly.

"When?"

"He said be ready by six." I shrug as I edit a picture on the computer.

"It's four thirty! You need to leave now!" Lia exclaims before looking up at AJ expectantly who nods with an amused smile.

"Oh no, it's okay. I can get ready within an hour –"

"Nope! Get up, we're leaving!" She makes me stop what I'm doing and shut down the computer.