20

Chapter Twenty - Doubtful

Hunter Jackson's P.O.V.

"You ready?" I ask as I make my way into the room. "Last chance to back out."

"Shut up." Cory grins with a playful roll of his eyes.

Today's is Cory and Jordan's wedding day. Me and Zoe arrived yesterday evening at the mansion that looks like it's straight out of Europe. It's only fifty miles away from New York City and is set on one hundred and fifty acres of land. The ceremony is being held outside in the meadow with numerous trees surrounding us. I peeked already and the decorations look amazing.

I help him do his tie up before fixing his handkerchief. All of us groomsmen, Cory and his father chatter away before someone tells us it's finally time. I give him a tight hug before making my way towards the exit. I'm paired up with a woman called Veronica who is apparently Jordan's maid of honor. She smiles at me politely before we make our way outside to the altar. Taking my place, I look up to lock eyes with Zoe.

She's wearing a long, pink dress with a flower pattern. As I remember from when she showed me there's a strip of material at her waist which leads to a bow at the back. Her sleeves are slightly puffy and I know that the dress is backless. She cut her hair shorter before we left too so now it rests a little after her collarbone. She looks breath-taking and I still can't believe she's all mine.

She smiles at me before giving me a thumbs up. I chuckle in amusement before winking at her. But then she frowns and rummages in her purse for her phone. I watch as she stares at the screen before quickly putting it back, without responding. She's been doing that for days now and thinks that I haven't noticed but I have. I decide to ask her when we're back home.

Soon, Cory comes out with his mom and dad before Jordan enters. She looks amazing in her wedding gown as her dad walks her down the aisle. I can see her mother wiping away stray tears as they reach Cory. Jordan pecks her father's cheek before Cory takes her hands in his. The ceremony flies by smoothly and their vows are funny but cute nonetheless. When Cory turns to me for the ring I hand it over to him with a smile.

They say, "I do," and the officiator pronounces them as husband and wife. I cheer along with everyone else as they kiss before facing the guests as a married couple. White rose petals are thrown over their heads as they make their way down the aisle. When they're gone, I direct everyone to the reception area with the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

"Hey, you look beautiful." I kiss Zoe before taking her hand.

"You don't look too bad yourself." She winks as her emerald eyes roam over my figure appreciatively. "Jordan looked so gorgeous, didn't she? I can't wait to meet her!"

"She did." I agree as I smile at her excited self. "I can't wait to eat."

I laugh as she swats my arm with a roll of her eyes. We head into the tented area which is decorated equally as beautifully. Cory and Jordan enter not too long after and Jordan's changed into another white dress now. We take our seats for dinner and I feel myself becoming nervous again at the thought of my speech.

"You'll be fine, don't worry." Zoe whispers before squeezing my hand reassuringly.

I feel myself relax slightly and kiss her forehead. "Thanks, Red. I hope so."

As she told me the speeches fly by smoothly, even my own. I'm the third person to make one and I talk about our times in college, how Cory never wanted to settle down and how I thought he'd end up alone with a house full of cats for sure at one point. The crowd laughs throughout my speech and I even catch Jordan teasing Cory sometimes. The more I talk the easier it gets. I eventually end with a toast to the new couple and wish them a happy married life.