21

Chapter Twenty One - A Hunt for Hunter

One week later.

Hunter Jackson's P.O.V.

I wake up sometime in the afternoon and frown when I don't see Zoe beside me. Instead I realize that I have been cuddling a pillow to my chest for who knows how long. I get out of bed and freshen up in the bathroom before stepping out of our bedroom to look for her. I'm about to call for her when I notice that the entire apartment is decorated in birthday decorations. I smile widely at the lengths she went to just for my birthday. As I walk into the kitchen and am about to call her name again I stop when I notice a note on the kitchen island.

Hunter,

Happy Birthday! I hope you liked the little surprise. But there's many more in store for you today so I hope you're up for a game. Follow the clues to receive your prize.

Your first clue: where we first met.

Dress casual but time's ticking!

Love, Zoe.

I grin before rushing back into the bedroom to get dressed. I hurriedly put on some clothes before grabbing my phone, keys and the note. When I open the door, I'm surprised to find Zeke standing there. He holds up a brown bag and a coffee cup, handing it to me before taking my keys. I follow him into the lift before peering into the bag to find breakfast food. She really has thought of everything, I think to myself with a smile.

I eat in the car as we drive to the courthouse. Never in my wildest dreams did I think she would have planned something for my birthday. We had discussed it a few days ago but I had said I didn't feel like doing anything. But still, the fact that she planned something warmed my heart.

We arrive outside the courthouse I met Zoe in and I race inside. I decide to check with reception first and luckily enough the woman hands me my next clue. A quiet chuckle escapes my lips as I look up to find the stairs she had slapped me on before I leave and get back inside the car. I open the envelope up to reveal another clue.

Remember my slap? You were such a jerk for making me cry but never did I think I would fall in love with you.

Your next clue: where you were determined to get me that green gown.

I laugh at her note before telling Zeke where to drive next. I'm getting excited now and can't wait to meet her at the end of this. We arrive at the mall in no time as it's not that far. I rush inside and find the store where I bought the dress from. An employee's eyes widen before she smiles, asks for my name before fishing a familiar envelope out of her pocket. Thanking her, I take it and get back into the car before opening it.

You're so stubborn sometimes and I still can't believe you got us locked inside all over a dress! But the way you calmed me down and stayed up with me to finish my college work after was just the first of many moments where I started falling for you.

Even if you did force me to go to a gala and on a double date.

Your next clue: where we ate way too many sweet treats.

I tell Zeke the address and he chuckles in response. "Zoe has really done well with this!"