18

Chapter Eighteen - So Successful

It's mid-January now and we've returned to New York City. I was sad to be leaving after having so much fun with the family but Judah added me to their family group chat which is just a plethora of comedic gold. Me and Ella also exchanged numbers and chat regularly. She's now entered her eight month of pregnancy and is excited to find out what the gender is since her and Ryder are keeping it a surprise.

"Red? Are you ready to go?" Hunter steps into our bedroom.

Shortly after arriving back at the apartment Hunter moved all my things into his bedroom. I didn't mind because back at the ranch we had been sleeping in the same bed anyways. Besides, wrapped up in his arms throughout the night feels like heaven and I would be stupid to deny myself.

"Do I look okay?" I bite my lip as I stare at myself in the mirror.

Today is the day of the photo shoot I'm doing for Mystique Magazine and I've been a nervous wreck since the time I woke up. I got all my equipment ready and thankfully the team at Mystique will be working with me. I decided to wear light brown, plaid trousers that come with a ribbon belt. I also tucked in my cream, V-neck jumper and paired the look with cute flats since I'm going to be on my feet all day.

"Professional, she knows what she's doing or too overdone?" I ask again as I turn to him.

"You look perfect, Red." He smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist. "Don't be nervous."

"I can't help it." I sigh as I rest my forehead against his shoulder. "I've always worked alone. What if they decide they don't like my work in the end?"

"They wouldn't waste your time like that, darlin. They picked you for a reason and if you don't feel comfortable at any point I'm sure they'll respect that and cater to your needs." He reassures me as he runs his fingers through my styled hair. I'm too anxious to even care that he might be ruining the curls that took me so long to do. "You're going to do great, just be confident and yourself."

"Okay." I whisper with a nod as I pull back. "Kiss for good luck, please?"

He chuckles before pressing his lips to mine in a fiercely passionate kiss. Thankfully, he has healed quite nicely from the incident at new year's so I no longer fret over his cut lip. We pull away eventually, panting for air. He pecks me softly this time which makes me smile. Never able to resist.

The bell rings and I exhale shakily when I realize it's most likely Zeke at the door waiting to drive me to the location of the shoot. Grabbing my things, I swing my bag over my shoulder before making my way out of the room. Hunter's hand resting on the small of my back is a temporary comfort as he opens the door to a smiling man.

"Take care of her for me will you, Zeke?" Hunter jokes and I swat his arm with a roll of my eyes.

"I'll bring her back safe and sound sir, you have my word." He tips his hat with an amused grin. "Shall we, miss Zoe?"

"Hunter and Zoe." Hunter insists sternly which makes the driver sigh in defeat before nodding.

"Let's get this show on the road then." I mutter which makes them both snicker.

"You'll be fine, sweetheart. I can't wait to hear all about it." Hunter smiles softly while Zeke starts walking towards the elevator. "I love you."

"I love you too." I peck him quickly before stepping out into the hallway.

Waving one last time, I follow Zeke and step into the elevator. I'm lost in my thoughts as we make our way downstairs and into the car as I wonder what the day ahead of me will bring. I'm a mix of nervousness and excitement which is driving me insane as we travel through the city to our location.