5

Chapter Five - Double Trouble

As soon as I step through the short hallway I'm greeted by the sight of an open space. The sitting room is to my right where two arm chairs and a couch are placed by a fireplace, a glass coffee table in between them and a bookshelf beside the couch. The floor to ceiling length windows make up the edges of the penthouse and provide a stunning view of the city's skyline.

I see the kitchen and marvel at the spotless white cabinets and marble tiles, the large window perfectly placed to let natural light in. There's a wooden kitchen island in the middle with a white marble counter top, shelves at both edges and green cushioned chairs lined up neatly on one side.

Seeing my interest, Hunter proceeds to give me a tour. As we walk through two large sliding doors the interior becomes warmer. We reach the dining room with the large table in the middle, another floor to ceiling length window to my right. Hunter jokes about everything in his apartment and I can tell that he realizes how flashy everything is. But with how successful of a lawyer he is it's no wonder that he would have a beautiful place to call home.

As we walk through another hallway, I see the more private sitting room through the glass double doors and it's a lot cosier than the first one. With a warm decor and a fireplace, I love how intimate it is with its brown leather couches and armchairs. There are two grand bookshelves filled with books, ornaments and awards. A flat screen TV is also embedded into one of them.

There's three bedrooms, each with their own outdoor seating area that acts as a long wraparound balcony. The rooms are minimally decorated and two of them have king sized beds whereas the other has twin beds. I marvel at how pretty the city looks from up here, especially in the night.

As we walk back, Hunter shows me the last feature of the penthouse which is an outdoor seating area that is separate from the balcony attached to the bedrooms. There's a large stone pillar holding up a canopy that covers a lounge area and picnic table underneath.

"This place is beautiful!" I whisper in awe of the bustling city below as I look down from the balcony.

"You don't think it's a little too much?" He teases which makes me laugh.

"Pretty nice for a hotshot lawyer." I tease back and watch his ocean eyes sparkle with delight.

"Come on, I'll order dinner while we work on your project." He grins as we head back inside. "Chinese okay?"

"Yes, thank you." I smile gratefully, literally starving as the last thing I had was that coffee with Hunter.

I take a seat on the couch before powering on my laptop. We end up working into the early hours of the morning with Hunter asking numerous questions about my work, what my project is based on, what certain terms mean and much more. I must admit that I find his interest quite sweet. But eventually, around two in the morning, he fails to stay awake and ends up falling asleep behind me on the couch.

It doesn't take long for me to follow.

***

"What did we do on our first date?" Hunter quizzes me as we rush out of the college building.

"Hunter, I highly doubt they'll ask that!" I sigh heavily as I all but throw my things into the backseat of his car.