The Theory (Chapter 24)

You wake up from the long cart ride that was still on travel.

Y/N: Man, I was tired. How long was that ride?

Ruby: You're finally awake.

Y/N: You were trying to cross the border right?

Ruby: Huh?

Y/N: Oh nothing, force of habit. What did you need?

Ruby: When we were back there... Wasn't there a way that you could have stopped me from walking to the well?

Y/N: I would have, but since something was terribly wrong, and everyone acted creepily, I just wanted to know where the source was coming from. 

Ruby: Oh.

Y/N: If we didn't find out, sooner or later, those things would have killed you, and we would have never escaped. 

Ruby: But why did you jump down there in the first place?

Y/N: Eh, I wanted to find the challenge of adventure. All I saw down there were dead bodies scattered on the sewer waters.

Blake: So, you weren't in trouble, at all?

Y/N: Eh, I mean, they looked scary at first, but once you notice that they can't really attack you, you basically have a fighting chance. That and you guys were literally about to die, made my fight or flight instincts go up.

Maria: But they can mentally attack you.

Y/N: Oh, is that why they screech?

Maria: Yes. That's what the screeching is for, you sure are a strange one (Y/N).

Y/N: That's what I tell myself everyday... Wait, did I miss something?

Qrow: You missed the story about Maria.

Y/N: The Grimm Reaper, right?

Qrow: Wha- How did you know that?

Y/N: Eh... You get used to sleeping and listening at the same time.

Qrow: What happened in your life?

Y/N: You know the usual, you live in a peaceful city, until it gets raided by Grimm and kills your friends and families.

Ruby: You say that like it's a casual thing.

Y/N: Oh, it is. I mean millions of people get killed in front of you every single day. Stupid monsters terrorizing the city....

Maria: That's not normal.

Y/N: It's normal if it's been your whole life.

Qrow: Seems like you had bad luck for your life.

Y/N: It's going well so far. I hope.

Maria: Look at that, double bad luck.

Y/N: This should cancel out the equation, right? Mathematically speaking.

Qrow: I'm wondering if that's why I haven't had bad luck lately.

Y/N: I mean, we haven't died yet, so go figure. Although I can just hear it saying, give me a hand over here.

Everyone looks at you as you make the unintentional pun.

Y/N: Wha- Oh... Sorry.

Yang: It's alright. 

Y/N: You mean you're all left?

Everyone groans as Yang laughs a bit.

Yang: That's Yangtastic!