Paranoia (Chapter 30)

As you get off the plane you are quickly met with Ironwood, who ordered multiple soldiers pointing guns at Roman and you.

Y/N: I can explain Ironwood. Just, not out here.

Ironwood: You better have a good reason.

As you are escorted by the soldiers, walking down the streets, you can see the many people on the streets who were enraged at Ironwood.

???: YOU NEVER CARE FOR US!

????: IRONWOOD DOESN'T DESERVE THAT POWER!

Y/N: Jesus. That's a lot of angry people.

Ironwood: Yeah. It is. But it's best if they are angry at us right now. I can't tell them about it. Not yet.

You look at Ironwood as he looks forward, marching on with his troops. You can see how he's been scarred. But nevertheless, a soldier who has seen things. Many things.

- At Ironwood's office -

Ironwood: Explain yourself.

Roman and you were sitting in front of the desk as Penny and Winter are standing next to Ironwood.

Y/N: Alright. So, you may not trust him entirely yet, but he is willing to give out information about Cinder and her team.

Ironwood: That's at least one less thing to worry about. What else?

Y/N: The place near Argus, apparently had some messed up stuff. Should even be considered illegal by war crimes.

Ironwood: What is it about?

Y/N: This Intel file, contains about the experimental procedures about Roman's fathers. One of them was experimenting on live subjects and transferring human souls to the Grimm.

Ironwood: This is definitely illegal and inhumane. Just get rid of it.

You break the flash drive in your hands.

Y/N: Roman, I've done all what I can, you tell Ironwood the rest about Cinder and their team.

Roman explains and gives information about Cinder and their team, giving some valuable information.

Y/N: And there's your information. 

Ironwood: That's... nice of you. Why exactly is he doing this again?

Y/N: Well, one thing, you needed trust, so he gave you information. In exchange, I want him on my team. He's a valuable hacker and he trusts me, I kept his secrets for a while now, so he hasn't turned on me.

Ironwood: Valid point. What secrets did you keep?

Y/N: That he was alive for these last few months.

Ironwood: Understandable. And (Y/N).

Y/N: Yes sir. 

Ironwood: He will be under your supervision. Any troubles that he causes to ATLAS, is on his and your hands.

Y/N: I understand, sir.

Ironwood: And please, you do not need to call me Sir. You earned my trust (Y/N). You may call be James.

Winter: Are we really doing this?

Ironwood: We're in a desperate situation. I think I can trust (Y/N) with this decision. But...

Y/N: In doing so, this might cause trust issues for RWBY and JNPR. There might be conflict between me and them. Ruby still hates you Roman.

Roman: Seems about right.