20

"I think okay 'to, 'di ba, babe?" 

Nilibot ko ang paningin ko sa unit. It had a veranda, and it was spacious, maybe because it was still empty. The owner of the building was my mom's friend, so I managed to get a discount. Mataas din ang nakuha naming floor so kita ang city lights sa glass wall. 

"Three bedrooms. Not so bad, right?" I looked at Sevi. "It's so hard to find a unit here in our place." 

"Maganda." Sevi nodded after looking at the rooms and its space. "Pwede naman 'tong hulog-hulugan, 'di ba?" 

"Yes," I smiled. "I'll take care of it. I told you I know the owner. Let's buy this na?" 

Sevi's nod made me jump out of joy. I immediately went outside to meet the woman offering the unit to us. I asked her to call me kapag na-process na niya ang papers and kapag need niya ng sign ko or other documents. 

It was so surreal. Us, picking a unit after going through six buildings! Ito na ang pinakamatino at pinakamura naming nakuha. We were in a business city, so it was really hard to find an empty unit. Sevi wanted it empty, so we could pick the furniture ourselves, and he also wanted to fix it a bit. 

"Lumipat ka na pala sa Operations Management?" Austin suddenly talked to me while I was getting coffee. 

"Yes. I want to try working in every department," I said while waiting. 

"I remember the woman you were always with. What a miracle na hindi mo siya kasama ngayon, huh?" He was asking nonsense questions. "Mag-isa ka na lang palagi." 

"Yeah, Ida's working in their company sa U.S." I got my cup of coffee and walked away. 

How chismoso! Palagi na lang niya 'kong kinakausap kapag nakikita niya 'ko. Wala ba siyang friends or what? 

I walked out of the building and started walking towards our nearest hotel. Pinapapunta ako roon ng head namin so I could check some files. It was so hot I had to bring an umbrella and wear shades. Unti-unti na 'kong nasasanay sa heels ko. I could walk a distance with them.

"Hello," I greeted the receptionist and went through the desk to check the computers. They just let me do that. 

I was browsing on it when Sevi suddenly called. Sinagot ko 'yon at inipit ang phone between my ear and my shoulder. My hands were too busy scrolling and typing. 

"Yes, baby?" I answered. 

[Lunch. Nag-lunch ka na?] He kept on reminding me that. 

"No, but I'm drinking coffee. I'll eat after this." I stopped typing to hold my phone. "How about you? Nasa unit ka na?" 

[Oo, naglagay ako ng tiles at inayos ko 'yong ceiling. Kasama ko si Luna tsaka Ke. Nagpatulong lang ako.] He explained.