28

"Nagluto ako. Kumain ka muna." 

Sevi went inside the bedroom again, placing the tray on the side table. I carried myself up and leaned against the soft headboard, staring at him as he tried to get the bowl of soup. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. 

Hinipan niya muna 'yong nasa kutsara bago dahan-dahang sinubo sa 'kin. Nang dumikit sa dila ko, agad napakunot ang noo ko at lumayo. 

"It's hot!" reklamo ko. 

"Shit, sorry." He brought it back and tried to mixed it again, cooling it before feeding it to me again.

Kumuha ulit siya gamit ang spoon at hinipan-hipan hanggang sa lumamig. I couldn't stop staring at him, nangingiti pa sa itsura niya ngayon. He looked so serious. 

"Oh." He placed the spoon in front of my mouth. "Dali, matatapon." 

Nakalahati ko na 'yong soup at malapit nang maubos nang mawalan ulit ako ng gana. I shook my head as he tried to place the spoon in front of me again. He glared and put it back on the small bowl. 

"Ubusin mo 'to." He sounded mad. 

"I'm sick. My appetite is not that-" 

"Kahit na. Hindi ka na nga kumakain." He sighed heavily. "Kaya ka nagkakasakit, eh." 

"Okay..." I whispered before nodding. "Akin na. I'll finish it." 

He helped me finish it, and then he stood up again, leaving the room with the tray. After a few seconds, he went back, holding a glass of water and a forehead thermometer. I pursed my lips as he tried to get my temperature. 

"Nilalagnat ka." He looked at it. 

"I thought you're going to stay in Batangas for a while?" malumanay na tanong ko. 

"Change of plans," he simply said while getting my medicine. 

Pinainom niya 'ko ng gamot at sinabing kalahatiin ko ang tubig sa baso, so I did. After that, he went out again. I was staring at the door the whole time, waiting for him to come back. I realized that he still cared for me, even after everything that I did to him. Sevi wasn't the type to hold big grudges against someone he used to love, but I could feel that he was, maybe, a little mad because I promised not to see him again. 

And yet... here I was.

"Malamig ba?" Sevi entered the room again, holding a bowl, a towel, and a sweater this time. 

"Kind of." I gave him a small smile. "My body feels hot, though. I don't understand." 

He sat by my side and took the comforter off. He held my hand and placed it on his leg so he could wipe my arm with cold water to lower my body temperature. I hissed with the sudden contact. He did it with my other arm, then he washed it again to wipe my face. He leaned to get closer to me. I pursed my lips and stared at him.