26

"Why is he driving so fast?!" 

I sped up and tried to catch him. My eyes widened when I heard a loud beep from a car behind me after my overtake. I could almost hear the driver cursing me. Muntik na 'kong mabangga! 

"I'm sorry!" I shouted, kahit alam kong hindi naman niya maririnig. 

I noticed that Sevi slowed down so I was able to catch up. Nasa likuran na 'ko ng sasakyan niya. Masyado naman siyang mabagal ngayon! Binusinahan ko tuloy kaya binilisan niya na naman. 

I felt like he was playing with me! Well, excuse me, Engineer Camero, hindi tayo naglalaro ng mga sasakyang freebie sa gasoline station! Pwede tayong maaksidente rito sa ginagawa mo! My gosh! I was getting so stressed out!

"Oh fuck, naiihi ako." I inhaled a large amount of breath to calm myself down. 

Binilisan ko ang takbo ng sasakyan ko para maabutan ko siya. I positioned my car next to his with my window open, so he could hear me. His brows furrowed when he opened his window too and slowed his car down. 

"I want to pee!" I yelled, not taking my eyes off the road. 

He closed his window, so I wasn't sure if he heard me or not. I just rolled my eyes and followed him again when he sped up. May nilikuan siyang gasoline station kaya lumiko rin ako. I parked beside his car and went down to run toward the restroom. 

Pagkatapos, I put alcohol on my hands and went back to the parking. Sevi was already outside, leaning on his car, waiting for me. His brow shot up when he saw me walking back. 

"Iniwan mong bukas kotse mo." He looked at me like he was judging me. 

"Oh, right." I gave him a shy smile. "Sorry. I didn't want to pee on my pants." 

"Ang bilis mo magpatakbo, muntik ka nang mabunggo kanina," he scolded me. 

Wow, ha! Ako pa! I was trying to catch up! He was the one driving so fast! 

"No, hinahabol kita." I crossed my arms.

"Ano?" He raised a brow. 

My eyes widened when I realized that it sounded so wrong, given our history. I panicked and put my hands in front of me to deny what he was thinking. 

"I mean, I was trying to catch up! Nawawala ako because you were driving so fast like you were in some kind of a racing movie or something. Y-you probably think that you're Lightning McQueen or-"

"Lightning McQueen," he repeated like it was funny. 

"Yeah, you know that movie? The one who says kachow?" I asked curiously, sinisiguro lang na gets niya ang reference.