25

"The table is now open for questions." 

I picked up my pen and my small notebook, where I wrote down my questions for the project. I already scanned the whole plan, but since I wasn't informed about what happened during their first meeting, I had a lot of questions on my mind. 

"So, the location is in Batangas, right?" I asked, looking at the folder. 

"Yes, Ma'am," the presenter answered. 

"How long would the construction take? In estimation?"

"Three years, hopefully." I looked at Engineer Camero when he answered. "It was already discussed in the last meeting." 

His voice was cold. He did not even look at me when he answered. He was just reading something in his folder, totally ignoring my presence. The side of my lips rose when I heard his sarcastic reply. 

"My apologies, then, Engineer Camero. You might not have noticed that I was not around in the last meeting." I almost scoffed. 

"He was also not around in the last meeting, Madam," Alice whispered. 

"Oh..." I couldn't help but laugh. This man! Kung makapagsalita, akala mo naman ay nasa meeting! 

"I would like to inform everyone that Miss Ledezma just got appointed as the C.E.O after we discussed the collaboration, and she was also out of the office for two weeks to meet with business partners in Europe, America, and other parts of Asia," my secretary informed. 

Austin was probably the one who attended the meeting for me, or maybe they held the meeting before I got appointed. I wasn't sure about that. They did inform me about a new project, but they did not tell me that Valeria Group Construction was in-charge of it. 

Or maybe I forgot about it completely? Ah, fuck, I still have jetlag. My brain won't function! 

Three years na ba? 

Going four. I can't say that I stayed in the U.S. for three whole years. I travelled a lot with the money I got after I became the major shareholder of the company. I smirked. 

I played a lot and explored a lot with my newly-found freedom until I realized that I wanted to do more. I wanted to keep myself busy, but I never knew that this job would really stress me out. I was still in my adjusting phase. I hoped that it will get better. 

Travelling and working were my ways to cope. I did everything to forget my guilt, pain, love, regret, everything. Along with the process, it seemed like I forgot who I was before and just changed until I couldn't even recognize myself anymore. I had to create a mask of my own in order to face the people in the company, scared that they might also become monsters like my dad. He ruined me so badly. 

"Alice, kindly compile everything about this project, including the calendar, budget, final design, past presentations, and other documents needed, then send it to my e-mail," I told her. "If you have a hard copy, you can bring them to my office."