39

"Let's not make any rash decision as of the moment." 

I massaged my head and started tapping my pen lightly on the table while having a meeting with the executives and managers of each department. We were still waiting for the representatives of Valeria Construction so we can get their statement. Architect Rosario already informed us beforehand about what happened. 

"Engineer Camero and I already discussed getting new materials, as we informed in the last meeting, and Miss Ledezma approved. Engineer Ramos allegedly approved the usage of the old materials, risking the safety of the five workers. She said she was confused. May miscommunication daw po sila ni Engineer Camero." Architect Rosario showed the pictures of the site. 

She stopped talking when the door opened, and it revealed the C.E.O of the Valeria Group. It was Luna's mom. She was wearing a beige dress with a belt on the waist, and her hair was in a bun. She didn't have any reaction at all. Sevi and her secretary were behind her. Together with Sevi were Engineer Ramos and Engineer Lavin. 

"Good afternoon. Apologies for what happened today." Mrs. Valeria went to her seat. "Since we are already talking about what happened, care to share, Engineer Ramos?" 

Engineer Ramos nodded before they went to their seats. I sighed and avoided Sevi's eyes. He looked so damn stressed and guilty. I pursed my lips and just waited for Engineer Ramos to talk. 

"I apologize deeply for what happened today. Engineer Camero told me that the new materials would be delivered earlier this morning, but the old ones came because the company failed to cancel the delivery. I thought there were sudden changes..." Engineer Ramos looked down. 

"Engineer ka. Dapat alam mo 'yong pinagkaiba, 'di ba?" Sevi said, looking so pissed. "Tsaka in-assign kita pero dapat tinawagan n'yo muna ako bago n'yo sinimulan."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't listening to the... the meeting, Engineer." Engineer Ramos refused to look at us. 

"At hindi ka man lang nag-consult kay Engineer Lavin?" Sevi looked at Engineer Lavin. "Napakarami n'yo roon, ah? Ni isa sa inyo, walang nag-abalang tawagan ako?" Sevi massaged his head and sighed heavily. 

"Akala ho namin okay na kasi si Engineer Ramos ang nagsabi." Engineer Lavin pursed his lips. "Ang alam ko lang may pinadalang pitong tauhan sa site. Pumayag si Engineer Ramos. Ngayon, 'yong lima, nasa hospital." 

"Ano? Sino'ng nagpadala?" Kumunot ang noo ni Sevi. 

"Ikaw raw, Engineer." Engineer Lavin looked at him, confused.

"What is happening? Order, please," I said, trying to take the pressure down. They were obviously arguing during the meeting. Baka ito rin ang first time nilang mag-usap. I was getting so stressed out. 

"Enough," Mrs. Valeria told them. "There seems to be a problem in communication. You don't need to worry about this, Ms. Ledezma. Our company will pay for all the damages, hospital bills, and materials. This will never happen again."