Origin X

-Inspired by {Grim Reminder} & {X-Men Origins: Wolverine}-

Everything's foggy and disconnected, like he's lost. 

He couldn't see what was happening - the light was blinding him. He could feel the water that he was submerged in across his skin. And he could hear the voices. 

"James Howlett is dead. Weapon X is born. We have accomplished the pinnacle of bio-weaponry." A hoarse voice said. "Take what we can - all that is viable - and discard the rest."

A primal feeling coursed through his mind as the lights dimmed. His feet buckled as he rose to the surface and took in his first breath and the scene became clearer.

Soldiers looked at him in horror, and in a viewing platform above, was a pale skinned man who was wearing a stained lab coat with a look of shock amazement.

He leapt out and extended his claws into the nearest soldier. And the next. The cycle seemed like there was no end as he made his way out of the room.

And just before he could run out into the snowy forest, he saw a man in dark clothing standing in front of him, firing a gun at him.

"Gragh!" Logan jolted up, breathing deeply before looking around. "Man...I need to speak with Chuck - need some damn therapy."

===========

"Wow, he never said his home was this...grand." Ella looked at the Xavier Institute, with a few books in her hands. "Now I'm the one feeling a bit inadequate."

As she approached the front door, out came two people, one was a light-skinned young teenage boy who had blue-ish hair with dark eyes, the other was a slender girl, with a long brown ponytail pulled with layers that framed her face and light blue eyes that landed on her. "Who are you?"

"Oh! Um, my name's Elliana Wayne, but my friends call me Ella."

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Kitty, and this fuzzy e - teddy bear is Kurt." Kitty said, while Kurt seemed reluctant.

"I see..." Ella's eyes landed on Kurt's neck where a cross hung. "Oh! Are you going to church?"

"Yes, I've recently had an...encounter with someone, and so I decided to seek some spiritual advice."

"If you don't mind telling, what happened?" Ella looked at Kurt. "It seems you're quite upset."

"Well..." Kurt was silent for a while, although Ella was patient enough for his answer. "I was adopted as a baby, and until recently I learned that my birth mother was someone... unsavory."

"Well, may I offer some advice?" Kurt nodded in acknowledgement. "While it may seem hard now, everything happens for a reason; you may not know why now, but you will be grateful."

"...thank you, I needed that." Kurt said while a third girl came out, looking flustered.

"Kitty! You forgot your wallet!" She said, handing over a pink leather wallet before she stopped to look at the newcomer. "Wait, I've seen you before..." 

"Skye, this is Ella, she's - er - why are you here?" Kitty turned back to her.

"Oh, that's right! I'm here to see Marcus, he promised to help me stud-"

"Don't care what you're doing with him... just come in." Skye retorted as they led Ella into the kitchen, where Logan was reading the news. "Want a drink?"

"No problem. Soda, please." Ella replied, setting her things down while Logan looked up from his paper.

"Who's the half-pint in the hall?"