Primal Urges

-Inspired by {Power Surge} & {Dark Phoenix}-

[Caution: The following chapter containing mature discussions relating to biology that may or may not be accurate nor realistic]

This day at Bayville High, the school was having an prefect torch-passing. "...Our head prefect, Jean Grey!"

Jean came out from behind the stage. "Thank you everyone." She began, taking off her mask to speak clearer. "I know as head prefect, I've got a lot of responsibility. And I hope I will be able to find common ground, so that everyone is satisfied."

*Really hope she'll be easy to deal with.*

*Thank goodness she's head prefect!* 

She heard foreign voices echo through her mind, voices that were not hers. She tried to shake them aside and continue, until the headache overwhelmed her thoughts. 

"UGH!" She groaned, collapsing to the floor as she released a telekinetic wave that knocked over the awards table, clutching both her head and gut.

"Miss Grey, are you alright?" Kelly's voice broke through, and the voices fade away suddenly. At that point, Jean realized that everyone's eyes were on her.

"Sorry, I haven't been well. Must have - must have lost my head." Jean said, shaking herself clear. "And yeah, I'm human, just like you all. Even though I work hard, I still get things like colds and stuff. Remember, there are times when you're down. But the important thing is to get back up." She quickly finished, before heading off.

"Jean, what happened on stage?" Scott asked as everyone left after the assembly.

"It's... there were voices in my head." Jean breathed uncertainly, before cheering up. "Say, the student council is throwing a party tonight. Wanna come?"

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Scott asked warily. "I don't want to be the bearer of bad news-"

"If you're worried, I'll take you there as my date. It'll be fun and you can keep watch. Come on, do it for me, will you?"

================

In the Danger Room, Ella was watching a combat competition between Marcus and Skye; the two had apparently took to the simulation whenever they couldn't verbally stop an argument.

"Ready to lose, poof?" Marcus asked, getting aggressive. 

"C'mon, go take your meds or something." Skye shrugged, pulling their sleeves up. "I'll wipe your floor any day."

"If you two are finished." Ella's voice came over the internal intercom. "Then you better keep an eye out - now!"

A series of traps sprung up, and the competition began. Skye began running, leaping and ducking from cannonballs and nets, while Marcus' hands were glowing continuously, slamming down energy constructs to block the buzzsaws.

"C'mon, move a little!" Skye playfully taunted, climbing onto the wall through the momentum of a cannonball. "Don't tell me you're crippled too?"

"Shut up!" Marcus shouted, before swinging his arms and unleashing a emerald blast that tore open the surfaces that it broke. Skye playfully somersaulted out and rushed to tackle him, and Marcus was ready to form a construct - when his hands didn't turn off, the energy blast ripping into the ground and nearly at Skye.

"Oi!" They protested. "Thought we agreed no lethality!"

It was then the simulation was deactivated, with Ella joining them not later. "Marcus, are you feeling alright?"

X-Warriors: Mutant Evolutionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें