Boom Clap

-Inspired by {Bada-bing, bada-boom}- 

"You doing alright, Kurt?" Ella called as she hung from a rope; the devilish mutant was currently an "injured victim" on a cliff for the newly dubbed 'New Mutants', as the senior members had taken to calling them, to practice saving on.

"Can't you speed up the rescue? I haven't had breakfast yet!" Kurt protested, and his stomach growled in agreement.

"Right. Jubilee, you're should be down here with the stretcher!" Ella shouted. Back on the cliff, the Chinese girl gave Ellie and Rahne a thumbs up before they began to lower the stretcher.

"Hey! Anyone down there? Help is on the way!" She called before eventually lowered to Nightcrawler's position. "Hey, cutie!"

"His codename's Nightcrawler, and he's supposed to be unconscious." Ella raised her voice, prompting Kurt to close his eyes while Jubilee looked around. 

"Well, let's see. There's rocks on him which aren't helping with moving." She said, before forming a energy plasmoid and plopping onto the rocks. "Fire in the hole!"

"Ow! I'm an injured victim, not a log!" Kurt complained before she dragged him into the stretcher.

"Sorry!" She gave a sheepish grin before strapping him in. "So, 'Nightcrawler', huh? That name's just not working for you, I'm sorry." She joked, checking his eyes and making small talk. "Stay with me, how about 'Wild Blue Yonder Boy'?"

"Oi!" Logan called from the top. "Cut it out down there!" 

"Sorry!"

=================

'Good afternoon, Bayville!' Principal Kelly's voice boomed through the school through the speakers. "I'm here to make a special announcement: tonight, there will be a fundraising carnival for us to raise money for a new soccer patch. Thanks for listening, and hope you'll have a good day!'

As he disconnected the microphone, he turned towards the secretary. "Pick up the proceeds every hour and deposit them in the office safe, alright?" 

"Got it." She said before seeing a man at the desk. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm here to see my daughter, Jubilation Lee."

"One moment." She headed to her computer to checks the files before answering. "Miss Lee has a restricted visitor list; you'll have to check with the Xavier Institute."

-------------

"C'mon, stupid locker..." Jubilee groaned, shaking her locker, before forming a plasmold and slipping it into the lock. "There we go." She muttered, before seeing a few odd items. "Wait, this isn't my stuff." 

"What you do to my locker?" Jubilee gulped before turning slowly to see Keeva with her arms crossed. 

"Mistaken locker identity." Jubilee said before scampering off. Keeva groaned as she went over to her locker - or what's left of it, at least. "Well ain't this a pain in the arse." 

=============

"Jubilee, really? You do realize she almost got you hurt earlier, right?" Evan asked, picking up Kurt's textbook which had Chinese words doodled all over it, while the latter tried to grab it back. 

"Come on, she didn't mean to." Kurt waved it off. "She did what she thought was the best. Yes, she needs training, but it is the first time the New Mutants are doing exercises outside."

"Okay - let's not dwell on that. Jubilee even volunteered to do extra work to make up for it." Ella interrupted. "Why don't you take her out to rewind? She's definitely needing the break."