home - kyoujurou (fluff)

Cold. It's what the setting day feels like without him by your side.

___

You sigh wistfully at the coldness of autumn, watching the vermilion and cinnabar leaves dangling wistfully from their dried branches - only to be swept off from the mere breath of the wind.

Strong, warm arms hugged you from behind, engulfing you with the taste of summer and the embrace of a smoky furnace. It's warm, it's cozy, it's him.

The sharp familiar nose rubbed against your cheek with softness that caressed your heart in a rhythmic flutter. You can feel your heartbeat thrum faster than before, engulfed with the scent of coal and of the musk you've missed for days. The blood rises on your face, and the organ of love twinge painfully inside your rib.

You straightened yourself onto him, only to feel the deep alluring hum of his voice vibrating comfortably against your back - trickling your nerves in toasty delight as you succumbed more in his embrace.

And he pulled you tighter against him.

Each passing second feels like eternity that could vanish with just a movement, that one wrong flinch would take him away from you - yet, even as you turned yourself to face him and buried your nose on the space below his jaw - everything seem to still just for the two of you.

You soaked up in his unbridled warmth, and he thawed the coldness of solitude that froze you in his absence.

With a breathed sigh against your ears, Kyoujurou whispered in a deep voice melted in adoration;  laced with a loving tone reserved only for you.

"I'm back."

And the two words made you smile even wider than before. You held his hands around your waist, gripping them while he softly entangled his own with yours.

"Welcome back, love." You kissed the exposed flesh before you, your lips tickling against the humbled, bright laughter that surrounded the room like summer rays.

Home. Inside his arms felt like home.

___

Then it became warm. The setting day finally feels warm.