cigarettes - sabito (fluff)

Assumptions made the boy hesitate to give his heart to her.

___

"You're smoking?"

Sabito did not reply to your high-pitched question, instead, inhaling more of the aired wisps and letting it out in the night, swept off with wind.

Offended at the lack of response, you stomped towards the man on the park and pulled the cancer stick out of his fingers – the putrid smell of acid smoke burns your nose unpleasantly, scrunching your face on the process.

Your coworker did not move on the bench, but he did set his eyes on you before huffing out the smoke in his mouth. Right on your face.

"Ugh, Sabito-!" You coughed and swat the dirty air away, completely letting go of the still burning stick to the ground.

The pink-haired man couldn't help but chuckle pleasantly at your reaction - finding it adorably cute, before grimacing at that sudden thought and looking back at the bright city view behind you with more focus than needed.

Truthfully told, he likes you – even much so that he thinks he might be falling for you. Any other day, he would have repeatedly tease you, soak up your attention – both good and bad – and try to get some charm points to get you to notice him but...

News on the corps you're already dating someone. On the fucking internet. Who the fuck does that?

Sabito scorned at the thought of losing you to some stranger he couldn't even punch of.

That's why he's here, smoking miles away from where you parked on your own car, but can you believe his terrible luck? You're here too.

His mind wants to ease his thoughts off you, take his moment to be fond of the cigarette taste in his tongue rather than his mind wandering of what your kiss would taste like, and maybe perhaps go to a bar and drink this stupid, dejected feeling away.

But here you are; your very being torments him in such, disgusting(ly good) way.

"You shouldn't smoke you damn idiot! You already got sick last week with a stupid cold," you crossed your arms and shot him an unhappy look, giving him your side eye with a cute sneer to boot. "Now you're going to kill yourself slowly with a literal cancer stick? Unbelievable!" You lecture him as you always do whenever you see him doing 'bad' things, and usually... he would have soaked them all up as he watches your lips move tantalizingly, wandering when he could kiss them until he'll snapped out by a good slap on the back with a foreboding threat coming from you.

This time, he's not in the mood to even breathe in the same air as you. Sabito did not hide his growing frown. He doesn't know if you're doing this for fun, or you're just torturing him. Because all of you - your words, your act - they all seems to relay on him with mixed messages.

And he hates them. He's sick of them. Perhaps part of you for dating someone else that isn't him too. But he also hated the fact you're acting 'concern' to him when just a day ago, you threw a memo pad on his temple after taking the last bite from your pudding.

With your hurtful words of his habit traveling from one ear and another, Sabito mused at that one thought.

He has to say, the dessert you craved so much is sweeter with your taste on it. Always have been. Then again, he couldn't pull the same stunt anymore now that you're in a 'relationship'.

Sabito let out a long, dreaded sigh at such reality.

With an aggro tone, the man folded his hands on his chest and blankly stared at you with tired lavender eyes.