forever - giyuu (fluff)

There was a man afraid of love.
___

After a long week of dreadful assignments and unfinished casual talks shared between the two of you - made him miss you in more ways than one.

The frustration of not seeing and touching you made the raven-haired man stand at the edges of his own nerves. Giyuu was spoiled by your love and he's having a hard time coping with the lack of affection.

He was not used to the distant connection and it showed. He became moody, fidgety and all too easily annoyed whenever his out of class. But no one seemed to notice, since he's too good at hiding it.
Or so he thinks.

Days like these come and go, even in the three years of relationship with you. But time and familiar situations aside, he still hated it. He never got used to it. To the distance and lack of you - it only made him sore and bitter in the inside. People say distance makes the heart grow fonder, but to him it, it's the complete opposite: it's a timed torture even he couldn't adjust to.

And he's infamously known for torturing himself with depressive thoughts until you came into his life.
Giyuu knows its immature of him to want your constant attention. You have your own life and time - but he couldn't help being a bit selfish when it comes to you.

You're one of the best things that stayed in his life, and he'd be stupid not to relish every second of that.
Yes, he comes off as somewhat clingy; like a kindergartner's first time being left in the daycare.

But if you find this part of Giyuu annoying or suffocating - you would have told him so.

Although, silently the Tomioka knows that you don't mind. You haven't made a point with it per say, but he knows it. He knows it by the reassuring warmth you give him whenever he wrapped you in his hold a bit too tight – he knows it by the genuine taint of smile you have on your face.
He knows it by the trust and endearment that sparks in your eyes; their brightness nestling in his soul like heated fire.

He silently wished you shared at least one class with him so he could revel at you. To appreciate you in another light. But the probability of educ and (course) students coming together in one class is rare.

Giyuu sighed, taking his bag with him as he drags his body to his last class - gripping his textbooks with frustration lingering his wake.

For the man, the lack of your company for so long is overwhelming.

___

Giyuu's phone vibrated, halting him midway at his descendant on the stairs with practiced reflex. He fished the item out with a blank look, before ocean eyes softening at the picture of the texter on his screen.

It's a lazy picture of you brushing your teeth in his favorite shirt - and while he could list of hundreds of pictures of you from attractive to more attractive; he'll save this one as the first place. Not because he could see more of your skin on this, no.

It's more than that.

This was the time you invited him to your apartment to sleep with him after all. Your first night together was painfully awkward, but incredibly sweet - and that memory of two people cuddling, reveling in shared affection - it's by far one of his favorites.

Giyuu's phone vibrated once again, catching the stray attention his mind had run off to. Opening your message with fevered excitement, he devotedly read every word in your shared chat.
You texted him that today is the last day of your "project rush", that you two will finally have more time together. Aww, you even sent him a heart emoticon!

His hand went up to his lips to hide the growing grin on his face. That's so cute of you. Giyuu felt like a high school girl: smiling dumbly at his phone as he delved at his excitement exploding in his chest.

He's already itching to hug you and relish in your presence because of that. Determined, he pocketed his phone and quickly fastened his pace just to get to his you - avoiding people who tried to talk him along the way.

Eager to finally be with you.

___

Your friends snickered when Giyuu pulled you in for a hug without warning.

You blushed uncontrollably at your boyfriend's brave move and apologize to everyone nearby about your "PDA".

Usually, he's too reserved and coy to pull a stunt like this, but after weeks of not holding you? Embarrassment be damn. Your warmth, your scent and your frame against his -- he wants them all.

He knows you're embarrassed with showing affection in public, but really - he couldn't care less since he knows you're okay with it - much to everybody else's chagrin.

Giyuu cuddled your face with his and savored your distinct scent and addicting warmth that enamored him.

Slowly, he felt the lonely burrow that's filled with liquid desperation dissolved in seconds, filling it with a wholesome ichor that only you could give. The luring embrace sweetened his soul in delight, making him let out a relieved sigh as the wave of longing for you washed away in sands of time.

You in his arms, your distinct scent and the cute noises you make - Giyuu really, really missed this.

Needless to say, he's so happy to just have you in his embrace after a very long wait.

"It's only been weeks, Giyuu." You giggled, hugging the tall man back with a big smile - no doubt feeling as lucky as him as you both basked in this shared affection. "Stop acting like it's been forever."

He mulled over your words, ocean orbs shining at the last word.

"Yes." Giyuu's eyes never left yours as his lips roused into a hearty grin - making your heart stop at the rare display of his genuine happiness before you.
"It felt like that."

You gripped your chest and made a face, the sight of Giyuu smiling so carelessly and the feeling of his lips lingering on your forehead didn't ease your fast heartbeat.

'Ah... I'm so lucky to have him.'

Unbeknownst to you, he feels the same.

Always, and forever.

___ 

Then he craved more.