love - mitsuri (angst)

She called out their name towards the sky.

___

Mitsuri loves you. So, so much.

You were the one that showed the beauty in her, the one that gave her reason to find one at every person. Her hope, her muse, the person that gave her back her love with nothing, but a smile.

No one could replace you.

She tried. She tried, and how she regrets it.

You're irreplaceable - none could replicate the brightest smile you wore; no one could give the same warmth they brought, one that that grips her heart in abandon and a smile that her lips ached to return.

No lover could give her the same passion of your embrace, the same softness of your kisses, and of the wanton touch that graced her skin, lips, and chest that you bore with just a caress of a finger.

You were you, the only one she wanted - the person she could love as such. Try as she could to imagine you in their embrace; they weren't you. They're not you. No one else can be you.

She learned that the hard way.

A year, she did not return to where you are - lost, brokenhearted. People tried to mend her, cheer her up, but alas, they're not you.

Yet, she tried her best to cease the concern people around her - just for you - you wouldn't be happy if you saw her like this. She knows, because in that hole you left, was slight crack of your brightness peeking through.

So she tried her best to see you in her dreams, to keep her spirit up as she tries to replay your voice calling her name. That soft, gentle whisper of her name.

"Mitsuri."

And your distant voice would make her heart leap in joy, even if it shatters her heart little by little.

The memory she shared with you, your smile... your eyes. Sadness grips her throat as it trembles to keep your name in her lips. Her lungs shook as she tried her best not to cry.

Because you're here. Finally, you're here.

She stared at you with a practice grin on her face - green eyes still glimmering with the spark of undying adoration and everlasting devotion; sparkling and hidden by the glaze of warm tears threatening to stream her face.

The setting sun glinting the gold band around her finger as he set the bouquet of [favorite flower] down to the place you've called your own.

She touches you, your name and hers, fingers shaking from the coldness of your warmth.

"I love you, Mitsuri."

She inhaled and let her tears flow at the sight of you, voice cracking as she recalls her day with your love echoing in her mind.

"Good morning love! How's my favorite person-ever doing?"

She dried the plump tears that brimmed her eyes as she struggled to keep her wide, shaky grin.

Because for you, she will smile.

Because you always loved her smile.

And she loves yours.

"I'm doing well considering..."

Even if the smile you wore is nothing, but the brush of kanji on marble stone.

___

But only the winds listened to her.