cleave - pillars (headcannon)

The gist: how would the pillars react if you told them that your spouse was cheating on you?

Giyuu

-Shocked. Like really. You're amazing and he looks up to you with how kind you are that having to know someone cheat on you with someone else? Wow, maybe the world is still fucked up even without demons no longer roaming around.

-Doesn't know how to react. He would only stare at you blankly with his eyebrows furrowed as if you just told him a bad joke. You might be crying or whatnot but he will still look at you like that.

-Don't feel judged; deep inside, he's actually silently screaming his question why the fuck someone would cheat on you, like why?

-He will ask insensitive questions to know more about your past relationship and understand why he broke up with you. There are two sides of a story and he must know yours first before having a concrete idea of what literally happened, but with each inquiry answered brings light with how dumb your ex is.

-He will blandly tell you that you're hurting yourself if you stayed with your spouse.

-Expect him to always be there in your recovery, doesn't matter if you find him annoying because he doesn't really much talk if he accompanies you; he's just making sure you won't feel alone and unwanted despite it all.

-His actions show it. Even if it's awkward for him, he will put a hand above yours and tell you that you're not alone and he's there for you. His eyes are so sure you think they glow along with his words.

-Will make his way to show you how much love you deserve through simplest of things he knows he can do for you.

-You forgot something? He'll fetch that. You're not eating well? He'll treat you out.

-Giyuu might suck reading the atmosphere and he doesn't know what to do. So, he'll ask Tengen and the others how to comfort you.

-He took advices seriously and do them literally, word to word. He hugs you whenever you have breakdowns and give you water devotedly after, but also, he punched your ex in front of you. (You have Sanemi to thank for that.)

-When you apologized to your ex and dragged Giyuu away, he thought he was in trouble - but boy, he found himself falling harder for you with your laughter.

-Low-key will try his best to show you how better off you are without your ex by simply (and bluntly) tell you that you're strong and amazing.

-Giyuu won't do the first move, he doesn't know if you completely healed or not - so you better be the one confessing to him.

-Will be a blushing mess, but he'd be happy to be your blushing mess. Enlightened even.

-It's hard for him to initiate affection, but Giyuu will do his best to show you how amazing, endearing and loving you are through small gestures.

-Brushing your hair off your face, rubbing his knuckles against yours when walking - kissing your nose when you sleep... Giyuu will do that all for you in order to make you feel loved.

-Bonus: Everyone lost their marbles when they realized you're dating Giyuu. Shinobu and Sanemi will question your taste in men and Oyakata-sama alongside Gyomei prepared adzuki mochi with Tengen and his wives.

Everyone were acting as if you two were married couples and even threw a celebration with too much red beans that it made you kind of sick of the celebratory food for months.

Kyoujurou will be the first one to unashamedly ask your plans for the future.

"Kill the demons." "Have children."