stare - muichirou (fluff)

"Don't apologize."

___

The storm has yet to calm. The pitched howl of the wind nibbled at your expose skin and biting at them with sharp pinpricks with each howl of a gust - raising your distaste for the weather as you closed the sliding door of the dining room with a grimace reserved to the storm.

Out of all days it could snow, why does it have to be when you're feeling helpless and weak? You never loved the hail - always have grown a dislike of it as a kid. Before, it was annoying, but it then morphed into something deep: the weather became a shadow of your loss.

It was a day like this when you lost everything, and more. Any other day you would have ignored the scratching air outside by sleeping, but it has been like this for three days and you're already feeling the stuffiness suffocating your lungs - grating your nerves in quick irritation.

"You shouldn't keep doing that."

You squeaked at the voice that filled the silence, hugging yourself in quick submission as your eyes found tired, minty ones.

The dullness in them made you ease, at the same time, concerned - the sun isn't up yet - why is he awake?

You put a hand on your beating heart, calming the organ before giving the mist pillar a small smile that's admittedly more forced than you liked. "How long were you here Muichirou?" You asked, voice softening as the frustration that once bubbled inside you turned into one of dismayed solemnity.

The hashira stared at you for a second - face lacking any sort of emotion as he holds the warm tea in his hand. The toundai that shines just a meter away covers him in a warm color, heightening his soft features: black, well-kept hair framed his cherubic face in gradient accent, his sharp nose accenting his thin pale lips and his doe-like eyes -gosh, those clear pool of calm mint never failed to captivate you.

You could stare at him for a whole day: him just sitting like this; him just minding his business.

The fingers above your heart twitched at the sight of him, the spark of warmth slowly burns your tips up to your cheeks. You wouldn't openly admit it to anyone - but you find Muichirou captivating, cute, an air head maybe - but that only made him more charming in your eyes.

You sigh out the fluffiness that gathered in your lungs as your closed smile grew longer. You couldn't have contained it – not when you're too busy ogling at him like a lovesick fool that you are.

Muichiro's nose twitched - perhaps because of the cold - and you can't help but think of him like a rabbit when you did, coaxing your heart to warmed up at the cute display despite the cold air around you.

"I was here..." The ravenette cut his stare with you as his attention fell on the steaming cup in his hands - expression dull as his voice. "Before you."

Wait... does that mean...

Your fond smile cracked. "A-ano!" Your face is now heating up in a different reason as your hands flew around you as if they'll help you explain the mistake you just committed.

Swear, you didn't mean to ignore him when you busted in the room! You were so focused on checking the weather with your frustration blinding you that... you kind of... forget why the light is still on in this room. You swear you did not know he was here!

You laughed nervously, coaxing your abash composure into normal. "G-gomen." You bowed repeatedly to the man before you, feeling your face numbed from the growing shame you felt for literally forgetting his existence just a moment ago. "I didn't mean to neglect your presence, Muichirou!"