"I'm protecting my friends!"

Just before Lord Nesta can bite Ristuka, a blue fire ball came rushing towards him and hit him in his head, which causes him to stumble back. As he stumbled back, Ritsuka ran down the stairs and Jek came to Lord Nestas aid. I grabbed Ristukas hand before she can get completely down the stairs, I looked up to her and she looked horrified, pure shock showing on her face.

"TRAITOR!"

I look up from Ritsuka and see the Student Council, along with Lindo and Roen.

They all look shocked.

Shiki is standing there, his fists clenched along with his teeth, "HOW COULD YOU?!"

I jumped a little at his tone of voice, I had heard it before, but he never directed it to me...

"I..."

My hands fell limp as I started, giving Ritsuka the chance to escape behind the crowd of angry devils.

Why did I feel hurt?

They hurt me!

But why does it seem like I'm doing something wrong?

I'm doing this for my family!

But my family doesn't even love me enough to cheer me on in saving them...

My inner thoughts are saying that I should apologize and join Ritsuka, but what came out of my mouth was different...

"You all really thought I cared for you? Don't make me laugh." I scoff and turn away back up to the stairs.

Why did I say that?

I didn't mean it.

I can't see their reactions but I know they're not good ones.

It's like I'm being controlled...

Controlled...

'FUCK!'

I scream in my head.

'That damn Vampire King!'

I sneer, although they can't see it, I'm making a scowl to the Vampire King.

I make my way up the stairs completely and stand by Lord Nesta.

He then goes on this speech on how powerful the Grimoire is and tells his vampire minions to attack them, and then a fight breaks out.

Jek is fighting Lindo and Lord Nesta is just chuckling to himself.

"Y/N, you know what to do." He says, side eyeing me.

I sigh.

I burst into flames, then shape shifting into a tiger, and running down the steps at full speed.

The vampire minions make a path for me to go through and now I'm face to face with the Student Council.

I roar at them, and they glare at me but slightly jump back.

I circle around them, making it seem like they're my prey or something.

They all squish up in a circle because of me and some look down, while others like Mage and Shiki glare at me.

"I'M SORRY!"

Is what I want to cry out, but it's like my mouth it stitched shut.

I look over to Lindo and see him still fighting Jek, I run over there and stand in front of Jek.

"Heh, get him Y/N!" Jek yells.

It's almost as if all eyes are on me.

I roar at Lindo, and he jumps back, resulting in me getting closer to him. Before he can back up anymore I quickly turn around, now facing Jek.

His face turns pale and confused.

"W-What are you doing Y/N?!" He yells almost scared.

He had never stuttered before, so this was quite a surprise to me.

I walked towards him slowly, making him back up until he was at the edge of the courtyard.

"Y/N! WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING!?" I hear Lord Nesta yell.

I shape shift back into my human form, no longer lit on fire.

I roundhouse kick Jek off of the courtyard, and he falls to the ground where a statue stuck him through the chest.

And I watch.

"Y/N!"

I hear Nesta yell.

"I'm protecting my friends!"