Chapter 4

*A/N: this was a rOuGH chapter but I SWEAR it'll get better :)*

It's a rare occasion that I actually get to school before the bell rings. It only comes with not having to pick up Haisley. Seeing that she basically lives with me, the whole food and bed package, I'd say this only happens every new moon.

I hum to myself quietly as I rummage through my locker, trying to find my spare lipgloss. I really don't appreciate crusty, dusty lips.

"Not that I care, but I can't say that ruffled shirt is making you look any skinnier, Charli." A cold voice makes my jaw clench as I slowly turn to face our school's favorite Queen B.

Kinsley Thompson is your classic Barbie girl, times ten on the mean bitch personality. Luckily, it's her senior year and the poor freshman will stop having to cower when walking through the halls soon.

The whole school knows she's rich and pretty. She broadcasts it like some trophy she won for making a model plane out of popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue.

Supermodel in training is her motto. That with no carbs and pilate Tuesdays. Frankly, I couldn't care less.

"Aw thanks, Kinsley. I'll let you know if I care about your opinion in 3-5 business days." I tap a finger to my chin, pretending to think about it. "Oh wait, I never actually gave a fuck in the first place."

Her lip curls into a sneer as she pops her gum obnoxiously loud. "Someone like you should care," She tilts her head, scanning my face. Her eyes then land on the camera bag I set in my locker. "But thankfully people like you stay behind the scenes."

Sometimes I forget why there was a time I didn't hate her guts. Or everything about her.

She has never given me a legitimate reason to give her a chance. Some people just never change, or grow up. 

"Well get this Kinsley, I don't give two shits about your opinions of me. You can graciously leave me alone, and save your precious breath. Go torture someone else."

I turn back to my locker, face emotionless. This isn't a game to win or loose; she thrives off of anger and hurt. That's why I look away.

Now, how do I really feel? I don't care about Kinsley and her personal opinions, but I've always had insecurity issues. Somehow it always comes back to my body first.

I'm tall and I'm skinny, I know I am, but body insecurities aren't determined by what you look like. I may look like what other girls strive for, but it comes with its own price. It's indescribable, and I hate it.

"No wonder why you're single."

I'm pretty sure my jaw pops from how hard I'm grinding my teeth.

"Jeez, for someone who doesn't care, you sure made it your mission to walk all the way down from your locker on the second floor to talk to me. And to give me your personal opinion over and over again." I deadpan. Where the hell is that damn lipgloss?

When she doesn't leave, I turn back around to face her. She tries to look down upon me, but we're about the same height, and she will never scare me. 

"What the hell do you want, Kinsley?"

"I need you to stay away from Caden." She looks me straight in the eyes as I burst out laughing. She can't be serious.

"Oh my gosh, is that seriously what's bothering you?" I can't stop myself from laughing. She's more delusional than I thought if she thinks that Caden and I will ever become a thing.