Chapter 13

I can't help but laugh.

"So you're telling me that the three of you," I gesture to Axel, Callum, and Caden. "Chugged three bottles of beer each and ate an entire bowl of ice cream...all under seven minutes."

The three boys laugh, Truett shaking his head with a disapproving smile.

The boys and I are crammed into a booth in the back of the small local diner. Delilah couldn't make it in the end, much to Truett's delight.

I sit beside Caden on one side, as Axel, Callum, and Truett squeeze into the other.

"That wasn't even the best part," Axel starts. Caden shakes his head, groaning into his hands.

"Don't remind me."

Axel continues to laugh, clenching his stomach. "The two of them, Callum and Caden, decided to have a street race after. By rolling."

My mouth falls open as I get a slight hunch of where this story is going. "Oh my gosh, no."

"Yes," Callum says, smirking. "And we did it naked."

Sometimes I'd wish my life was more like a cheesy movie, but then I'm reminded of scenes like this. I'd prefer that to stay in the movies.

"Oh my god." I press the heels of my palms into my eyes. I glance at Caden in horror. "Tha-you did that?"

He cringes as he nods, recalling the clearly stupid decision.

"I have the proof." Truett confirms, waving around his phone. He begins pulling up Snapchat when Caden shakes a finger at him.

"Don't you dare, asshole." He warns. Truett smirks, continuing to type and scroll.

"I'm not sure if I want to see." I mutter, opening one of the menus.

"Smart choice." Axel agrees, clicking his tongue.

Caden watches whatever video Truett begins to play, half covering his eyes. I advert my stare, scanning his face then my menu.

He seems relaxed. Not cool and collected cocky asshole relaxed, but happy. It's weird, it's like an alien Caden. ET if you will.

All I collect from the video is drunk screaming and laughter, along with loud cheers for Caden.

Callum leans over, watching too, only to lean back in his seat applauding. Caden shakes his head incredulously.

"How are you proud of this?" His face scrunches in concern and disgust.

Callum smirks, "I got to show off my abs, and got laid by a very pretty lady."

Caden tsks, crossing his arms. "You're gross."

"I am perfectly civil." He winks at me as Truett shoves him to shut him up.

"Mhm." I hum, eyes scanning over the different fries. Axel snorts, resting his chin in his hand.

"So Charli, are you a strawberry, chocolate, or...vanilla girl?" Axel asks, batting his eyes innocently.

I raise a brow, not missing the slight pause before vanilla. I would like to assume we're talking about the milkshake options.

I look back down, "Depends on the hour, day, and who I'm...dining with." Two can play this game. "But I have to say, I usually stick with chocolate. Vanilla was the old me."

Caden chokes slightly beside me, glaring as Callum lets out a low whistle. I tsk, handing Caden a napkin as he coughs. I pat his back awkwardly, refraining from hitting him too hard.