Shoreline | Barley Lightfoot

a lot of you wanted a mermaid!Reader x Barley so here we go!

also i want to shout out this brand new book! it's a pixar/disney x reader imagines book and in it will be any x readers of these characters:

Pixar:
Linguini (Ratatouille)
Barley Lightfoot (Onward)
Ian Lightfoot (Onward)

Disney:
Hercules
Prince Charming
Prince Phillip
The Beast/The Prince
Gaston
Prince Eric
Kristoff
Aladdin
Naveen
Tarzan
Wilbur Robinson
Lewis Robinson

Disney:Hercules Prince CharmingPrince Phillip The Beast/The Prince Gaston Prince EricKristoff AladdinNaveenTarzanWilbur RobinsonLewis Robinson

it is written by Melonhead15 and requests are open now!

///

Ian grinned and waved as his brother pulled his van up to the front of the school. He honked and waved Ian inside.

Ian opened the door. "Hey man, I talked to mom and she said she is hanging out with Bronco tonight. She suggested we pick up a couple of pizzas from Pizza Realm, so we should do that on our way home. And there are a few movies we can stream, too."

"Sounds cool to me, little brother," he said. He glanced at the time on the dash. "Gah! Hurry though!"

"Why?" Ian laughed. "I just called and ordered like four minutes ago, and Pizza Realm is right---"

"We, uh, have something else to do first!" he said. "Get in! Put your belt on!"

"Okay, okay," Ian said. He sat down and snapped his belt on. "Jeez."

Barley hit the gas, swerving quickly to turn around. Ian watched as Pizza Realm faded away into the background.

"Uh... Barley? Where are we going?" he asked nervously.

"Somewhere just real quick. I gotta meet someone."

Ian threw his head back. "Ugh, no! Please tell me it isn't your friend with the mohawk. Come on, he is weird and rude! And he smells horrible."

"Not him," he said. "But hey, I thought you liked that guy."

Ian shivered. "Not really."

Barley shrugged. "But no, this is---" He pulled off the road and onto the rocky path of the beach. "This is not at all who we are meeting."

Ian sighed and leaned against the window with a solid frown on his face. He wasn't sure what his brother was doing, but he was bound to be annoyed by it.

As Barley pulled onto the sand, the front of the van facing the waves, he stopped the car. Ian looked at him.

Barley stared forward at the pink sky and bright sun against the crystal waters. "Remember how I told you I was talking to a mermaid?"

"Yes. Wait," Ian leaned close. "Please tell me that really was a joke. I mean, I laughed at it."

"No, it wasn't a joke," he said. "This will be the third time I have met her."

"Are you serious?" Ian asked. He laughed. "Dude, mermaids live in town!"

"Ever since magic returned and everyone went back to the roots of their ancestors, her dad wanted to move back to sea, so they did. But we text all the time."

"She texts?" Ian snickered. "How!"

Barley gave him a look. "With a waterproof phone, Ian. Jeez, don't you know anything about technology?"

Ian held his hands up. "Okay, okay. So what's she like? Are you going to tell me about her?"

"She's... well, she's... pretty great. She is super funny, which is everyrhing I ever want when I am attempting to woo a fair lady---" He stretched his back and squinted his eyes as he searched the coast. "And she is gorgeous. I mean all mermaids are, I guess. That's what the books say. But she is something else. Oh, and she is way smarter than me."

"It's not that hard to be smarter than you," Ian teased.

"Hey!" Barley scoffed. "Who raised you?"

"You did," he laughed. "And I am kidding. And the entire time you talked about her, you only acted like a Quests of Yore character once. That means this is serious."

Barley smiled. "Thanks, bro. And it is serious."

Ian nodded. He looked at the beach, where he saw a girl riding a wave to the shore. She scooted up when the foam fizzled out around her.

"Is that her?"

Barley looked. "Yes," he breathed. He got out of the van.

Ian smiled and leaned back in his seat.

You waved when you saw Barley. He grinned and ran down the slope of sand.

"Hey," he said. "There's my gorgeous princess of the sea!"

"Barley, I missed you!" you said with a laugh, holding your arms open.

He bent down and hugged you close. You gasped, startled as his arm went under your fin and he scooped you up off of the sand.

"Barley!" you laughed, your arms around his neck as he spun you around.

His nose and forehead touched yours and he smiled at you. You closed your eyes.

From the inside of the van, Ian was watching. He felt so happy for his older brother. Even from this distance, he could tell you both really cared for each other.

Ian took out his phone. He dialed.

"This is Pizza Realm, how can I help you?"

"Hey, I have an order placed for Ian Lightfoot," he said. "I just wanted to let you guys know I'll be about ten minutes late. Heavy traffic. Okay, thank you."

He hung up the phone and looked again. You and Barley sat on the sand, talking.

Ian looked at the back of the van. He spotted the book tossed onto one of the seats. He undid his seat belt, stood up, and made his way back there. He grabbed the Quest of Yore book and sat back down.

As he flipped through the pages, he skimmed the titles. Surely there was a spell in there that could give you legs for even a day, or one that could give Barley gills. Something.

Or maybe Ian could write one. He was a wizard, after all.

He could hear Barley laugh. He glanced up from the book. He couldn't help but smile.

Taking out his notepad and pen, he made a list.

□ Find out how to write a spell
□ Find out how to find a spell
□ Get the mermaid legs
□ Get Barley gills (? or fins?)

□ Make Barley happy

Glancing up again, he could tell that they were saying goodbye. He kissed her on the cheek and parted ways sadly. Barley waited to walk back until she was swimming back out to sea.

And all Ian knew was that he would do anything to make his brother happy.

///

should i make this a series??