Strange as a Dream, Real as the Sea (part one) | Barley Lightfoot

thank you all for the birthday wishes!! i had a pretty good day. i was supposed to be in the bahamas on vacation but that was cancelled so my mom threw me a "beach party" where we had dollar tree backdrops and ate smores

here are some pics taken of me today too. i got a barley shirt from Melonhead15 and a guinevere hat and barley plush from BarleyLightfoot :-)))

 i got a barley shirt from Melonhead15 and a guinevere hat and barley plush from BarleyLightfoot :-)))

so naturally i have decided to do another mermaid!reader x barley that i may actually develop into a series idk

so naturally i have decided to do another mermaid!reader x barley that i may actually develop into a series idk. if y'all are interested i will

/ / /

You loved the rain. It was peaceful to watch it fall against the surface of the water as you stayed in the safety of the depths, watching the waves grow wild as the wind whipped them around, creating swirling storms far above. Often times, if you were feeling brave enough, you would journey to the surface of the water and crash through, gulping in the strange cool air and even wait for the moment that a droplet of freshwater would fall on your tongue. 

You loved the rain, but you think you might love sunny days even more. Sunny days were the best, especially when they followed a harsh morning storm. And it was days like this that you loved, sitting on a rock in the middle of your blue ocean home with Barley, your best friend, right by your side.

You tipped your head back, feeling your hair dry in the warm sun. Your scales, while they were a dark green, shimmered a strange purple and blue in the rays of light. It was so incredibly nice today. No loud noise of the merfolk preparing for your coronation, no push of your overbearing father or stressed out mother or your pesky court of seahorses that follow you around everywhere. No weight of the crown on your head... 

"So how's the underwater kingdom? Still super cool I bet," he said, laying back on the rock. You sighed, the relaxation slipping off of your shoulders as quickly as a drop of seawater. Not even Barley could keep the stress away from your mind. He was too curious of your underwater world, too concerned about your well-being at home. He crossed his arms behind his head and shut his eyes, enjoying the feeling of the sun hot against his skin and the warm saltwater crashing gently against his legs. "But is your dad laying off ya or what?"